P1000 Windshield or No Windshield for my New Pioneer 1000 (Please help..)

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off welcome to the forum from Minnesota. I have the Seizmik versavent poly windshield that has vents on the bottom for airflow. They can be opened or closed. You can also purchase and add more vents if necessary. They do give a little bit of a breeze in the summer, but anyone on this forum will tell you it will get hot in the summer with a windshield and you do suck in more dust regardless of which one you choose. There are several threads on here regarding how to help with heat from the motor. Many guys remove their windshield in the summer. Also keep in mind that a windshield also keeps flying debris from hitting you, I once took a bird off the windshield at 40mph. If I wouldnt have had it the bird would have hit me square in the chest. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

20211214 114146

C

Clew In

Oct 9, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
I went with the Super ATV flip up windshield and I am liking it so far.
My first ride it was raining like crazy and I got it muddy on the dirt road trailering it to my hunting club. flipped it open and was nice to be able to see clearly. I think that is going to be a great feature especially with fog/mud etc. on window

Johann C

Johann C

Dec 11, 2021
Columbus, Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went with the Super ATV flip up windshield and I am liking it so far.
My first ride it was raining like crazy and I got it muddy on the dirt road trailering it to my hunting club. flipped it open and was nice to be able to see clearly. I think that is going to be a great feature especially with fog/mud etc. on window
This looks like a very good choice!

Reactions: rtn001 and Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I told the wife she should get a handheld squeegee (like she keeps in our glass-enclosed shower) and throw it in the Pioneer.

Or maybe even a small flat one like this:

Reactions: rtn001
K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good Evening to everyone,

I got a call yesterday that my long awaited Pioneer 1000-3 is shipped and that I can pick it up in a couple of days!

I now need to decide on accessories, especially with regards to a front windshield. Some folks say yes, and some say no.

I will appreciate your thoughts and opinion on this. Also if you lean towards the Honda OEM versus the Super ATV if you think a windshield is the way to go. (Weather wise - I am in Georgia, South of Atlanta)

I would also like to hear your opinion about a rear windshield..

Thank you so much for your opinion!
Johann
If you run on dusty roads with a windshield (And a top) you will be fogged with heavy dust inside. I use the two part Honda Lexan windshield and remove the top part in the summer. The bottom portion has a small lip that helps divert the wind up and it hits me about my forehead. This keeps the dust out, allows the air to move through and out the back. I put the top back in place in the winter and most of the time in the winter (Where I live) the gravel/dirt is damp enough to not have a lot of dust.

I

IdahoSxS

May 15, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good Evening to everyone,

I got a call yesterday that my long awaited Pioneer 1000-3 is shipped and that I can pick it up in a couple of days!

I now need to decide on accessories, especially with regards to a front windshield. Some folks say yes, and some say no.

I will appreciate your thoughts and opinion on this. Also if you lean towards the Honda OEM versus the Super ATV if you think a windshield is the way to go. (Weather wise - I am in Georgia, South of Atlanta)

I would also like to hear your opinion about a rear windshield..

Thank you so much for your opinion!
Johann
Congrats in your new machine. I've had my 1000P3 since March and absolutely love it. I put on the OEM glass windshield, hard back with slider, hard doors and windshield wiper. I like it but don't have anything for comparison. I installed everything.

Windshield - some small gaps at bottom but not a big issue. Easy to clean, good visibility.

Wiper - I installed it and the required switch panel. In hindsight, I wish I had found an individual switch system since I likely won't have other power add-ons. You sacrifice a storage cubby for the OEM switch panel. Wiper works fine but wish it's swipe range was better for passenger side.

Back - No opinion. I have heard without it, you get a lot of circulating dust/snow.

Hard Doors - I love them and the roll down windows, summer and winter. I had to readjust doors to better close gap along A-Pillar. It's nice to be able to lock. I also put OEM side mirrors, unfortunately some cows found them attractive as rubbing posts and cracked the glass.

My biggest frustration, albeit manageable, is the cold air that enters the cab through the gear shifting areas, around the steering wheel column, and around the brake pedal spring hole. I've bought a shifting plate (found on here) that helps. I'm still working on others.

Have a great time with your new machine.

Reactions: Lady01 and rtn001
advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Vikes79
TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So far I've been happy with the HardCabs glass windshield. It tilts up as shown in the picture.
I've rode in my buds Ranger for many years before I purchased this. I wear contacts and if I forget to bring sun glasses or something to protect my eyes it is miserable. So a windshield is a must for me, plus as someone mentioned it protects something from flying up and hitting you in the face. I have not addressed the dust issue from the back, but for now that's something I live with.

WS3

Reactions: Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@TumaloKeith - Addressing the dust and debris from the rear will be as pleasing as installing the front windshield to keep debris from entering the cab that way. Point being, don't live with it - there are plenty of less expensive options that can drastically reduce the mess.

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, thanks. I'll probably get a plastic something for the back. It's been tuff ordering and getting things the past year or two. I ordered the windshield in May and got it just a few weeks before archery season in late August.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yes, thanks. I'll probably get a plastic something for the back. It's been tuff ordering and getting things the past year or two. I ordered the windshield in May and got it just a few weeks before archery season in late August.
Search the forums - I've seen lots of folks fashion something out of soft material/mesh and bungie cord type rope. Not too expensive and easy to get. Not necessarily a permanent solution, but might just be enough for you without breaking the bank.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not sure what type/season riding you'll be doing but I've been pretty happy with my Honda 1/2 poly on my 700. I'm 6-0 and it has a scoop that pushes the wind right up and over my head....I usually take my hat of because it feels like it wants to go but usually doesn't. Pretty cheap and easy to install.

J

JamesStar

Jan 8, 2021
Vancouver
Ownership

1. 500
I was in the same situation as you but with a P500. A windshield is a must but I have found out a rear wind screen is also required. A company I would recommend looking at is Direction 2.

I recently bought a Direction roof 2 to go with my Genuine Honda Flip windshield. Very happy with the roof and think I should have gone with the Direction 2 windshield. I will probably get the Direction 2 rear screen. Price, quality. fit and finish are good.

My thoughts...

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off welcome to the forum from Minnesota. I have the Seizmik versavent poly windshield that has vents on the bottom for airflow. They can be opened or closed. You can also purchase and add more vents if necessary. They do give a little bit of a breeze in the summer, but anyone on this forum will tell you it will get hot in the summer with a windshield and you do suck in more dust regardless of which one you choose. There are several threads on here regarding how to help with heat from the motor. Many guys remove their windshield in the summer. Also keep in mind that a windshield also keeps flying debris from hitting you, I once took a bird off the windshield at 40mph. If I wouldnt have had it the bird would have hit me square in the chest. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

View attachment 308817
I have this same Siezmik with vents. It's been fine so far, but don't expect magic AC from the vents. The vents help, but aren't going to let the air flow like a split windshield. That said, I didn't like the split windshield on my prior machine. It would rattle and slap around too much.

Last edited:
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SATV flip up is perfect for year round use, in the hotter weather just open it up or crack it for instant AC.

advertisement