Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is really cool. Too bad it is not available for the pioneer yet. I will definitely be interested if they start making them for the Hondas.

D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
I just called them and left a message.Hopefully I'll get a callback soon.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good idea!
I like that it would increase cabin pressure and reduce the dust vacuum.

Reactions: joeymt33
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sort of related question, I'm about to build a windshield, I'm shopping online, and my p1000-5 is 580 miles away. Does anyone have the measurements of the windshield opening on the 1000-5?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can try to remember to get a measurement when I get home from work. are you looking for outside of roll cage side to side?[/QUOTE

Awesome. Thanks! I'm looking for center of the cage side to side and center top to the lowest point of the dash at the base of the cage.

advertisement
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I think I screwed up a bit measuring. The only one I know I got a pretty solid measurement by my self tonight was the bottom of the cage where its flat and it bolts together by the dash. That measurement from outside to outside was ruffly 54.75" The very center of the dash was hard to get a good number with my 2 piece shield and roof on. From the bottom of the roll bar to the center of the dash about an inch from the edge was approximately 27" if I went to the far corner along the roll bar from the dash to that corner gusset in the roll bar I think I had 32" but my ahole dog ate that part of my note and I had to take back off to go on a road call

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome! Thanks. That gives me an idea what I'm working with.

D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
Just talked to the guy from BugBuster . He is at a Polaris trade show right now. He will call me again on Monday
or Tuesday. He did say they will be making a screen for us Honda guys. I will report back.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys I talked to the BugBuster boss and I think he is gonna make up a batch for us Pioneer guys.I'll keep you guys in the loop.
Cool! Thanks for getting this rolling.

D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
I got a call and an email from BugBuster yesterday.They have a machine and are working on our
problem right now.

Reactions: MAV and Tot
D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
OK so the screen is installed and works as designed. Dust issue is so much better.I mean its not an issue anymore.
Also the seat heat problem is gone with the screen and one of Bayouownbeer's heat shields.No noticeable heat coming through.
I think my deluxe is now pretty much done. I only need a fire extinguisher installed and I'm ready to hit any trail I need to.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So would you say you would buy that again even for the money? I have yet to install mine and it does seem well built but I'm hoping to have good results with something so much.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK so the screen is installed and works as designed. Dust issue is so much better.I mean its not an issue anymore.
Also the seat heat problem is gone with the screen and one of Bayouownbeer's heat shields.No noticeable heat coming through.
I think my deluxe is now pretty much done. I only need a fire extinguisher installed and I'm ready to hit any trail I need to.
As is stated in the review, it will diffuse some wind flow. Do you agree with that? Or does wind blow through like no screen?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
I think it defuses some wind for sure.I wasn't going very fast yesterday butI like it fine.
And the bug problem is gone
And for me the dust issue was the big selling point.Yes I am happy with my purchase.
My son even said "dad, I don't know what that thing cost, but its worth it".

advertisement