P1000 winch switch location

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
for those that plow and use the winch to do so if u haven't already consider putting the switch on the left side of steering wheel make plowing a million times easier!!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
for those that plow and use the winch to do so if u haven't already consider putting the switch on the left side of steering wheel make plowing a million times easier!!!
That's straight up a great idea because of how busy your right hand can get. I may be suggesting something that many have or have seen but I just found this, it clips on and seems like it would sure be faster and easier on the winch. For the money seems great.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
they tend to use these on units that don't have plows

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I put one of these on my 700, put the plug for it in the glove box. I hold it it my right hand while shifting between gears with no problem, keep my left hand on the wheel all the time.
Replacement Handheld Rocker Switch for Superwinch Terra Series Superwinch Accessories and Parts SW87-42610

the plug
Replacement Remote Control Socket for Superwinch Terra Series Superwinch Accessories and Parts SW87-42618

when I'm not using it I store it in the roll bar bag as I have a switch on the dash only for the winch
20151021 135649 zpslpudjnye

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's straight up a great idea because of how busy your right hand can get. I may be suggesting something that many have or have seen but I just found this, it clips on and seems like it would sure be faster and easier on the winch. For the money seems great.

View attachment 12691
Cummins Pusher have you used this attachment. It is the idea that I have been looking for. I am thinking the control of the lift would be more sensitive.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cummins Pusher have you used this attachment. It is the idea that I have been looking for. I am thinking the control of the lift would be more sensitive.
I haven't but I saw it comes with easy removal mounts and seems to me like you could use it instead of your winch it seems like it would be drastically better. It's power up-and-down and should be way faster That's the set up I want to use next year if I add a plow I do have a winch but send unnecessary But feedback from anyone that has used one would be great. Even if someone went with the set up I just put the winch mount on the left side of the dash that was a great idea from dale5740 !!!

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I put my winch switch next to the headlight switch.
Very handy - standing outside you can operate the winch. The winch plug is down to the left.
It also keeps that switch away from curious passengers :)
I think I left enough room for the heater vent location to the right of the switch in case I ever decide to do install the heater.
Index

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very handy - standing outside you can operate the winch. The winch plug is down to the left.
I think I left enough room for the heater vent location to the right of the switch in case I ever decide to do install the heater.
View attachment 12698

Ghost, that's a great spot for it. Trying to decided, I just have mine wired in and coiled up under the hood. Like many, I have dash switched options but I have been looking for the very best spot to place the remote jack.

WillyNilly

WillyNilly

Feb 13, 2016
South Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ghost, that's a great spot for it. Trying to decided, I just have mine wired in and coiled up under the hood. Like many, I have dash switched options but I have been looking for the very best spot to place the remote jack.
There's where I put mine. It's on the driver side of my wind diverter. Up out of the way and convieient to hook up to when out of my rig. Also I figured I'd rather drill a hole in my $200 wind deflector and not my $18k machine.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 12717
There's where I put mine. It's on the driver side of my wind diverter. Up out of the way and convieient to hook up to when out of my rig. Also I figured I'd rather drill a hole in my $200 wind deflector and not my $18k machine.
Or buy a wireless remote that goes in the glove box then no hole for the remote at all takes up less space anyhow

advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I put one of these on my 700, put the plug for it in the glove box. I hold it it my right hand while shifting between gears with no problem, keep my left hand on the wheel all the time.
Replacement Handheld Rocker Switch for Superwinch Terra Series Superwinch Accessories and Parts SW87-42610

the plug
Replacement Remote Control Socket for Superwinch Terra Series Superwinch Accessories and Parts SW87-42618

when I'm not using it I store it in the roll bar bag as I have a switch on the dash only for the winch
View attachment 12693
yeah i used the remote for awhile then didn't like how it always ended up on the floor having to fish for it and one more thing to get in the way (to each his own )

Reactions: CumminsPusher
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I have used them it works well!!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
View attachment 12698
my man!!!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
View attachment 12698
good thinking about the heater!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
yeah i used the remote for awhile then didn't like how it always ended up on the floor having to fish for it and one more thing to get in the way (to each his own )
We actually have both setups. The cordless is in glovebox and cord is under the seat in case of battery death but we've almost always just used just the dash switch. I do wish I had mounted it on the left side though looking back that's kind of under thought on my behalf

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
We actually have both setups. The cordless is in glovebox and cord is under the seat in case of battery death but we've almost always just used just the dash switch. I do wish I had mounted it on the left side though looking back that's kind of under thought on my behalf
move it and use the switch location u have now for something else!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
or add another one and have 2 lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member