P500 Who's the next p5 owner...to go...Bigger...700/1000 ?

J

Jshell3

My comment was a touche' to JT for his post in my little car thread, don't find it funny or wish anything bad on ANYONE.
I was making a joke towards myself. For smoking mine.

@JTW prolly deserves it. But he's sensitive.

P500's are rock solid. I honestly think I could drag more weight with it than I'd feel comfortable (now) trying w my P1k5.

I got a winch, tho.

In the words of @rocmar It's all good. Lol

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I was making a joke towards myself. For smoking mine.

@JTW prolly deserves it. But he's sensitive.

P500's are rock solid. I honestly think I could drag more weight with it than I'd feel comfortable (now) trying w my P1k5.

I got a winch, tho.

In the words of @rocmar It's all good. Lol

Those might not be the words...I'd use
for this situation. ...but feel you knew
of...the clutch problem. ..& bought anyway
The dates on the post & complaints...I read
go back farther...than your purchase. .

Reactions: Dp5hunter
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
No P1000 for me. The suspension and lack of a locker on the p500 still really annoy me- although I've fixed the suspension on mine. That being said, I've honestly looked at what all the other brands offer, and what the bigger Honda machines offer, and I have no interest- none- in a different machine. You just can't make a big machine smaller, and as far as a cvt- HATE them. If Honda added a torque converter to their DCT so the clutches never have to slip, I would be more on-board with the DCT's, but I still don't want a bigger machine. What I want, is a P500 with OPTIONS, like a bigger twin cylinder engine and a F*@%#*n front locker, and 'turf' mode rear, power steering, etc., not PAINT options. SERIOUSLY Honda, new for 2018 is a 'color'!? I guess I may have to put that 750cc V4 108 h.p. motorcycle engine in my P500 after all.... 42 m.p.h. my A**!!:D

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Question. If you ran the P1K on low rang when trail riding would that not solve the problem with the cloches? Or on like the P500 u just have to have that speed. o_O

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No P1000 for me. The suspension and lack of a locker on the p500 still really annoy me- although I've fixed the suspension on mine. That being said, I've honestly looked at what all the other brands offer, and what the bigger Honda machines offer, and I have no interest- none- in a different machine. You just can't make a big machine smaller, and as far as a cvt- HATE them. If Honda added a torque converter to their DCT so the clutches never have to slip, I would be more on-board with the DCT's, but I still don't want a bigger machine. What I want, is a P500 with OPTIONS, like a bigger twin cylinder engine and a F*@%#*n front locker, and 'turf' mode rear, power steering, etc., not PAINT options. SERIOUSLY Honda, new for 2018 is a 'color'!? I guess I may have to put that 750cc V4 108 h.p. motorcycle engine in my P500 after all.... 42 m.p.h. my A**!!:D

VFRs are fun had a couple myself, good sound too.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.

By the time they added all that to the P5, the price would get way out of line. The masses are buying the P5 as it is now, and it does anything probably 90% plus of the buyers need it to.
Another major factor is safety. A short coupled, narrow machine that would run 50-60 mph or more would be pretty dangerous.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
By the time they added all that to the P5, the price would get way out of line. The masses are buying the P5 as it is now, and it does anything probably 90% plus of the buyers need it to.
Another major factor is safety. A short coupled, narrow machine that would run 50-60 mph or more would be pretty dangerous.
I agree..
been talked about...
on another thread...
believe I said...
" just strap a rocket to your Ass"

Reactions: Rustell
advertisement
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
OPTIONS only drive the price up when you add them. The masses are buying the P500 'as it is now' because they don't have a bloody choice. If they want the stuff I listed- they HAVE to buy a bigger Honda, or one of the zillion choices the competition offers. So, if you ride in a size restricted area, and want the features that are TYPICAL to every other machine made, you HAVE to buy a competitors machine. The p700 has a locker- same center part of the case, different gears, and an additional side piece with guts for the locker. It would require one different axle, and a slight offset in mount location, and two u-joints added to the front driveshaft. I ain't askin for cheap, I'm asking for options. Is an 835 h.p. Dodge Challenger dangerous? Who cares, I have the OPTION to buy it! I was ready to buy a 50" A.C. Wildcat with 60 h.p. and wheelbase is only 11" longer - starts at $16K, so price is NOT the issue. If the P500 had the same equipment for 16K, guess which one I would buy. Wake up Honda- we don't want a bigger machine!!! Think I may have strayed off topic- sorry. PS- the wildcat does 66! mph. (when they run:))

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Price may not be a concern to some, but to many people, they look at price only. I don't think we've had one customer complain about the limits of the P500 out of all the dozens that we've sold.
I'm not saying people can't decide for themselves if they want something with alot of power and speed. I was saying it from Honda's perspective. They don't want to get their ass in a jam over building something that isn't safe. I bet most people, if they were able to run a P500 up to 60 mph or more would probably fill their pants. :D
Also, manufacturer's like Honda try to keep the choices simple for powersports. If they had to make all the variations (literally hundreds) between color, and several options all being available individually like ; p/s, diff. lock, turf mode, bigger engine, etc. , it would really complicate the assembly line.
They aren't set up on the powersports side quite like the car side, where an individual can have one built right to their specs and delivered to the dealer in 6 weeks.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 8129
This new 700 has me thinking about it...

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 8137
I really like the canam defender though. I test drove an hd5 yesterday and the power is awesome for a 500 class motor. Will probably be the one I choose...

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's gonna be a while before I get whichever one I choose, but whichever it is will be getting a set of the old trusted mudlites in 28"... I'm not getting into lifts and huge tires with 2" lugs. I also went and looked at a Yamaha Viking today, I'm just not so sure about it...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Nice looking machine other than the cage. I thought the P5 cage was tall and boxey but the P7 and P1 are ugly as hell and definitely need a chop, IMHO.
HaHa
yep...
p5 ...also really FUGLY....
Straight out the box....

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Honda 500 sold and been looking a couple weeks. Picking up replacement tomorrow. Keeping the 700. Replacement is a 1000. ;)

Reactions: JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Honda 500 sold and been looking a couple weeks. Picking up replacement tomorrow. Keeping the 700. Replacement is a 1000. ;)
Replacement & pk1....
in same sentence. ..is a
clue...
haha

Reactions: jawquin
advertisement