AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im going to check your build out now. After reading this, I am confused. I looked at the resource page and it suggested using a UTV-SBI-15CK. Does it matter that your suggestion says CM. Sorry, this is all very foreign to me and im kind of flying by the seat of my pants.

The CK doesn't have meters to monitor your batteries.

No worries about the questions. There's a ton of info here and it takes a while to digest and understand. I planned mine for a couple months an also began drawing out what I wanted to do.

Reactions: sharp
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5

No worries about the questions. There's a ton of info here and it takes a while to digest and understand. I planned mine for a couple months an also began drawing out what I wanted to do.
oh ok, so I just don't have to buy the meters second. Thanks. I just have to find out from Mystic if they fit in the switch plate he mailed me. Says the meters need a 29mm hole

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
oh ok, so I just don't have to buy the meters second. Thanks. I just have to find out from Mystic if they fit in the switch plate he mailed me. Says the meters need a 29mm hole

They fit perfectly. Nice and snug.

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Oh my gosh! After reading all this about switches and relays and fuses and etc, I am really about to put this on a trailer with all my purchases and take me a trip to Palmer and put it in your garage and pay you in beer! lol

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh my gosh! After reading all this about switches and relays and fuses and etc, I am really about to put this on a trailer with all my purchases and take me a trip to Palmer and put it in your garage and pay you in beer! lol

It does take a lot of thought and planning... lol. I spent hours on here reading everyone's posts, gathering ideas, and planning what I wanted. The tedious part is planning and wiring switches. I changed my mind many times before I came up with my final plan. At one point I had my wiper installed but didn't get it wired up for another month after that. Take your time. You have a few months of really cold weather. I hope you have a garage!

As for payment, I take Captain Morgans, GlenLivet, Buffalo Trace... you get the idea :D

J

JTW

It does take a lot of thought and planning... lol. I spent hours on here reading everyone's posts, gathering ideas, and planning what I wanted. The tedious part is planning and wiring switches. I changed my mind many times before I came up with my final plan. At one point I had my wiper installed but didn't get it wired up for another month after that.
Boy that's the truth!!

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It does take a lot of thought and planning... lol. I spent hours on here reading everyone's posts, gathering ideas, and planning what I wanted. The tedious part is planning and wiring switches. I changed my mind many times before I came up with my final plan. At one point I had my wiper installed but didn't get it wired up for another month after that. Take your time. You have a few months of really cold weather. I hope you have a garage!

As for payment, I take Captain Morgans, GlenLivet, Buffalo Trace... you get the idea :D
I agree with @AKRider 100% with taking your time, that's what I'm doing. My thought process is that I don't want to do it twice and want it right. I've been distracted from the electrical modification on my Pioneer but will be studying again before I start!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hang in there. Lol it's seems overwhelming at first, then all of a sudden it all starts making sense. Take your time, and don't worry about asking too many questions, there are plenty of members that will be happy to help.

J

JTW

Thanks guys. I will definitely be using everyone that will talk to me
I was where you are a month ago.. I bugged the s*** out of these guys and I now have a game plan. I'll be doing the dual battery like AK.. I have all the pieces and parts in my Amazon orders.. so pm me if you want them and I'll gladly copy and paste to you. The biggest thing to decide is what you're going to be running and what amps they'll draw. Most of your switches will be around 20 amps so if you stick with lights and stereos that are below that threshold you won't have to worry about relays. You can have a simple fuse panel and run everything off of it.

Reactions: AKRider
advertisement
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Take your time to plan! I just finished up rewiring mine because I did not think it through. Also, look ahead on what is on your wish list and prepare the wiring/switches now.

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is mine. Not pretty, but functional. I used a second battery identical to the stock one under the separator.
IMG 1628

Reactions: JTW and sharp
I

ileft

Nov 22, 2016
Concord Nc
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone used a car battery under the seat? I have to ask got a few laying around in the shop that are new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk