GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
The listing says it all I need to rebuild one of my front Elka five's shocks, and was wondering if there was a shop here in the state's that could be recommended for the rebuild?

Reactions: TxDoc
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The listing says it all I need to rebuild one of my front Elka five's shocks, and was wondering if there was a shop here in the state's that could be recommended for the rebuild?
Shock rebuilds without wanting to change valving or anything isn't a difficult task. Just order a seal kit and oil. If you are comfortable wrenching on most other components then you can handle a shock rebuild yourself as well. Keep the parts in order and in the proper orientation and you'll be fine. As you disassemble put the pieces on a wire or something if it helps you keep it straight.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Shock rebuilds without wanting to change valving or anything isn't a difficult task. Just order a seal kit and oil. If you are comfortable wrenching on most other components then you can handle a shock rebuild yourself as well. Keep the parts in order and in the proper orientation and you'll be fine. As you disassemble put the pieces on a wire or something if it helps you keep it straight.

Thanks 👍
I have no problem with taking it apart I thought they were charged with nitrogen gas?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks 👍
I have no problem with taking it apart I thought they were charged with nitrogen gas?
Fox are Nitrogen. I believe Elka’s are oil. I’m sure their support would tell you 100% for certain though. I’d call (or email) them to verify first. You’ve got to get the seal kit and oil somewhere anyway.

Reactions: GPR1500SC