rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Love it. It won't touch a hemi in a drag race, but with all the torque it never feels slow. The fuel economy is great, especially when towing. I drive a lot of miles so I'm really glad I opted for the diesel. It's been flawless so far. Almost 17,000 miles on it since last July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my GMC 2500 long box
6 L...HD
since retiring...I don't miss the
Diesel smell...as in raw fuel
or...exhaust
....or the noise
no I don't get good milage
....but all else...is great

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
GMC.......

20160214 130923 20150615 112056

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love it. It won't touch a hemi in a drag race, but with all the torque it never feels slow. The fuel economy is great, especially when towing. I drive a lot of miles so I'm really glad I opted for the diesel. It's been flawless so far. Almost 17,000 miles on it since last July.

What kind of real mileage do those trucks get?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What kind of real mileage do those trucks get?

Normal mixed driving I average from 20 - 25 depending on the season. Hand calculated (the mpg display is usually optimistic by 1/2 to 1 mpg). Winter time it takes a big hit from cold temps, winter fuel, and lots of idling. I have remote start and use it every day.

Long highway trips, I can get 27 or 28 if I stay below 70. Oh and it is 4x4.

I'm very happy with the fuel economy and performance.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Normal mixed driving I average from 20 - 25 depending on the season. Hand calculated (the mpg display is usually optimistic by 1/2 to 1 mpg). Winter time it takes a big hit from cold temps, winter fuel, and lots of idling. I have remote start and use it every day.

Long highway trips, I can get 27 or 28 if I stay below 70. Oh and it is 4x4.

I'm very happy with the fuel economy and performance.
.....yep...great mileage
twice....wat I get
......I'm 12.8 mpg
wouldn't go back to a 1500

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I love my GMC 2500 long box
6 L...HD
since retiring...I don't miss the
Diesel smell...as in raw fuel
or...exhaust
....or the noise
no I don't get good milage
....but all else...is great
I've had two diesel's in the past, if I could get some one else to fuel them and have a huge fan to blow the exhaust fumes away, while parked. I might think about getting one. I can't even stand to be behind a truck hauling asphalt, I can smell it a mile back. Hammer down until I get around it. I don't like the way gasoline smells either, the old gas wasn't to bad, but the new gas stinks, but not any where near diesel. The maintenance is a lot higher on a diesel than gas engines, been there done that. With gas engines getting 200,000 miles, I just don't see the justification. Sorry oilers. HA!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had two diesel's in the past, if I could get some one else to fuel them and have a huge fan to blow the exhaust fumes away, while parked. I might think about getting one. I can't even stand to be behind a truck hauling asphalt, I can smell it a mile back. Hammer down until I get around it. I don't like the way gasoline smells either, the old gas wasn't to bad, but the new gas stinks, but not any where near diesel. The maintenance is a lot higher on a diesel than gas engines, been there done that. With gas engines getting 200,000 miles, I just don't see the justification. Sorry oilers. HA!
Like the old guys say " ain't nothing like the smell of diesel in the morning" lol

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see 2 advantages to the diesel so far. Im apprx 40% better milage, where i got 10 mpg i get 16 now hiway 15 to 22. The torque is going to shine pulling my rv trailer. But the convenience of a diesel pump over a gas when you're pulling 33' . No more getting stuck in a gas station not making a turn to get out or blocking half the place off. I could understand the smell issue but im ok with it.

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I see 2 advantages to the diesel so far. Im apprx 40% better milage, where i got 10 mpg i get 16 now hiway 15 to 22. The torque is going to shine pulling my rv trailer. But the convenience of a diesel pump over a gas when you're pulling 33' . No more getting stuck in a gas station not making a turn to get out or blocking half the place off. I could understand the smell issue but im ok with it.

Dude...don't forget about all
the diesel all over the grnd
...gets on. Boots.....more stink

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live for the smell of that s***. Lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I see 2 advantages to the diesel so far. Im apprx 40% better milage, where i got 10 mpg i get 16 now hiway 15 to 22. The torque is going to shine pulling my rv trailer. But the convenience of a diesel pump over a gas when you're pulling 33' . No more getting stuck in a gas station not making a turn to get out or blocking half the place off. I could understand the smell issue but Im ok with it.
If I pulled a big trailer, I could see putting up with diesel, but I don't. Have a cabin in the woods, YEA HA!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Well these newer diesels are quite a bit cleaner than they used to be. I grew up around diesels. Been running tractors and other equipment since I was a kid. The only time I can smell diesel fuel or exhaust with this truck is when I get it on my hands if I'm not careful fueling up. There is no smoke - ever. There is no exhaust smell ever. You can't smell the thing. And my oil changes are required every 10k miles - I do it at 9k just because that's how I am. And it costs me about $70 to do it. Fuel filter every 20k and they are $20 or $30 I think. Other than that the rest of the maintenance is equivalent to a gasser. To me, there is absolutely no disadvantage whatsoever to owning this diesel over the gas version. And the difference in fuel economy is staggering.

But, it's not for everyone I guess. I drive a lot so it definitely was the right choice for me.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Yeah a 3/4 ton truck is way more capable than a 1/2. My truck is a diesel, but it's a LIGHT DUTY diesel. No more capable than any other half ton truck. If I was towing 10k or more on a regular basis I would buy a Cummins. But for my needs a 3/4 or 1 ton is way more than I need. Besides, I can use my dads Cummins dually whenever I want.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Well these newer diesels are quite a bit cleaner than they used to be. I grew up around diesels. Been running tractors and other equipment since I was a kid. The only time I can smell diesel fuel or exhaust with this truck is when I get it on my hands if I'm not careful fueling up. There is no smoke - ever. There is no exhaust smell ever. You can't smell the thing. And my oil changes are required every 10k miles - I do it at 9k just because that's how I am. And it costs me about $70 to do it. Fuel filter every 20k and they are $20 or $30 I think. Other than that the rest of the maintenance is equivalent to a gasser. To me, there is absolutely no disadvantage whatsoever to owning this diesel over the gas version. And the difference in fuel economy is staggering.

But, it's not for everyone I guess. I drive a lot so it definitely was the right choice for me.

I hear ya...bro..
33 yrs smelling that crap
...believe me..when ya don't
Have to...it's nice..
everybody got there own deal
....it's all good

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah a 3/4 ton truck is way more capable than a 1/2. My truck is a diesel, but it's a LIGHT DUTY diesel. No more capable than any other half ton truck. If I was towing 10k or more on a regular basis I would buy a Cummins. But for my needs a 3/4 or 1 ton is way more than I need. Besides, I can use my dads Cummins dually whenever I want.

What's the towing capacity on the ecodiesel?

Reactions: VaHillbilly
Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
A lot of testosterone on this thread.
I use a 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, smoothest ride, great gas mileage and having the trunk in the bed is priceless.
This one replaced an 2008 which replaced a 2006 and neither of them ever needed to go back to the dealer for any repairs.
I don't have to tow a lot but for back and forth from the ranch (120 miles) it's just fine.

advertisement