What fuse block

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Need to order a fuse block for my accessories and I see a lot of blue sea stuff being used. I went to order and seen they have ones with positive and negative feed and ones with just a positive. What is the difference and witch one do I get? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need to order a fuse block for my accessories and I see a lot of blue sea stuff being used. I went to order and seen they have ones with positive and negative feed and ones with just a positive. What is the difference and witch one do I get? Thanks

I would think the ground being in the same location would just be preference if you've got a good ground you've got a good ground here's the one I used in my speaker box and I just bought a ground lug from Lowe's and hooked everything into it 2bb6c8fa076e6816882ff2280a18a6a02241102cb68cc9b8fdc00ca5f6574055

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What I would do is add up all the amps draw of all circuits you plan to add (3-20 amp = 60 amp) you want to make sure the relay will handle the max and you will draw. If you are planning to run lights and large stero system, I would recommend installing a second battery with a battery isolater and run all your accessories off the second battery. There are a lot of electronics, and clutch requires electricy to operate. If you have to much draw on electial system the voltage will drop and cause issues. There is several threads on this. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Smitty335 and BWAF
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok I ordered this fuse block Blue Sea ST Blade Fuse Block With Cover Now can anyone tell me what relay I need coming from switched power to the fuse block?

a easy way to tap into the acc. power to activate the relay is get what they call a fuse tap, they plug into the fuse block (acc fuse) with a wire coming off that you can run to the relay. They are available at Auto parts stores to or about $5.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
What I would do is add up all the amps draw of all circuits you plan to add (3-20 amp = 60 amp) you want to make sure the relay will handle the max and you will draw. If you are planning to run lights and large stero system, I would recommend installing a second battery with a battery isolater and run all your accessories off the second battery. There are a lot of electronics, and clutch requires electricy to operate. If you have to much draw on electial system the voltage will drop and cause issues. There is several threads on this. Hope that helps.

I have a dual battery and isolater already. I’m wanting to add backup lights ,possibly a front light bar, maybe an under seat bilge fan.

advertisement
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
a easy way to tap into the acc. power to activate the relay is get what they call a fuse tap, they plug into the fuse block (acc fuse) with a wire coming off that you can run to the relay. They are available at Auto parts stores to or about $5.

Yes I seen them today while I was looking around at different auto parts stores for a fuse block. I didn’t realize there was an empty acc power spot I can tap into.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes I seen them today while I was looking around at different auto parts stores for a fuse block. I didn’t realize there was an empty acc power spot I can tap into.

Watts divided by volts equals amps for draw. (120 watts equals 10 amps)The fuse tap goes in place off the fuse, the fuse will function like normal, it just has a wire coming off of it to supply power to another additional circuit. Or what you can do is pull out the acc. fuse and plug a wire in with the fuse on the power out side of the fuse, that way it will still go through the fuse

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’m running the same Blue Seas Fuse Block as @Koda ! No complaints
D07734D1 0107 499D 9005 C180F52918C3

Reactions: Koda and BWAF
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

The fuse tap goes in place of the fuse, it's a fuse that has a wire attached to it to go to another circut. You could also pull out the fuse and plug a wire in with the fuse on the power out side of the fuse, that way it will go through the the fuse. Some lights only say wattage, if you want to figure amp draw devide watts by volts eguals amps (120 watts devided by 12 volts equals 10 amps)