P1000 Well guys I knew it was coming(trans problems Hep me HaHa)

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry that you had bad luck with yours hope you enjoy your 900 I had a XP 900 no problems with it it was a 2seater Thanks for the info
Paul

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got to go out to the shop and work on the 1000 I cleaned the air box and put the new filter in started it up no faults let it warm up
and when I put it in gear the oil light came on and would not move do you guys think that a clutch reset would help it is looking like it lost
the 1,3,5 clutch pack The strange thing is all of this happened in less than a min more like 30 to 40 seconds any ideas
Paul

Only1PB

Only1PB

Apr 26, 2016
FL
Just dropped my 1000-5 off at the dealer for slipping clutches. If you have looked at the TRANNY and gas tank vents they go in the frame rail. The guy at the shop said there is an update from Honda to drill holes in that frame rail to prevent water intrusion bc the frame rails fill up with water from washing and or rainfall. A small amount of water from those vents into the TRANNY over time I guess is causing the issue.....

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got to go out to the shop and work on the 1000 I cleaned the air box and put the new filter in started it up no faults let it warm up
and when I put it in gear the oil light came on and would not move do you guys think that a clutch reset would help it is looking like it lost
the 1,3,5 clutch pack The strange thing is all of this happened in less than a min more like 30 to 40 seconds any ideas
Paul
Doesn't hurt to try

Reactions: Plumber32
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are talking about the sub trans and the gas tank mine are as clean as the day I brought it home Thanks for the tip

Reactions: Plumber32

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, the dealer warrantied the clutch problem, replaced clutch pack. I think it burned up in the mud when I put it in reverse to get unstuck? Make sure you check your gas, the vent is in the seat frame for the seat cushion I would figure out a way to check your fuel to see if there is water in it. Now I'm going to get some feed back I'm sure. I went and road Ocala National Forest Last Sunday, my temp. light came on. I shut it off and let it cool down a while. Ran fine the rest of the day but it was very uncomfortable due to heat coming from seat and dash board. Traded it in this morning on a Polarir RZR 4 900. I have owned several different machines and never had these problems, never any problems in the first several years. Disappointed to say the least, hope yours is better for you and good luck. Pioneer has a lot of good things going for it but has some things to work out IMHO.
Brian
Traded it in at your Polaris dealership? Damn! I wish my local Polaris dealer would offer that. They don't want to touch my Honda. I'd love to go back to Polaris, but I'm crushed under my P1000-3 for a couple more years until I'm not "upside down" on the financing. It still runs for the most part but I don't want to cash in my clutch replacement until I'm able to sell it. 4WD system hasn't worked properly from mile zero. I'm gonna hit 'em up with all the repairs at once so they don't drop me from my extended warranty and then try to sell it. Glad to see you were able to get out of yours!!!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, the dealer warrantied the clutch problem, replaced clutch pack. I think it burned up in the mud when I put it in reverse to get unstuck? Make sure you check your gas, the vent is in the seat frame for the seat cushion I would figure out a way to check your fuel to see if there is water in it. Now I'm going to get some feed back I'm sure. I went and road Ocala National Forest Last Sunday, my temp. light came on. I shut it off and let it cool down a while. Ran fine the rest of the day but it was very uncomfortable due to heat coming from seat and dash board. Traded it in this morning on a Polarir RZR 4 900. I have owned several different machines and never had these problems, never any problems in the first several years. Disappointed to say the least, hope yours is better for you and good luck. Pioneer has a lot of good things going for it but has some things to work out IMHO.
Brian
Would you mind me asking the name of your Polaris dealer? I'm only 7 hours from Florida. I'm interested to see what they have to offer.