P1000 Well guys I knew it was coming(trans problems Hep me HaHa)

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been down for a while and finally got to take the ole girl out and try the new tire setup all was great it handled the 31/10.50/15 tires fine but I came up on a big hole didnt have time to get stopped so I hit it water went every where and caused the motor to sputter lost rpms then came back alive and out of the hole got water in the filter pipe but not in the motor but the problem when I started it back up there was an E in the gear selector and when you put it in gear it would quit unhooked the battery the code left but would only move a little bit and took a real high rpm to move so we towed it home ( with a Honda pioneer 700 before you ask HaHa) got it home checked the oil and it was fine clean and no smell do you guys think it could be electrical I havent got to check it out much yet all ideas are welcome
Thanks,Paul

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Did you get the water out of the intake tube? If intake tube has water in it the motor has water in it. Check your oil again. Not sure about your trans need more info. Could just be a cable adjustment. Could be something got very wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dotman1 and pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Motor didn't get any water that was pure luck the cables should be ok and most everything got very wet will have more info when I can get in to it a little deeper Thanks for the reply

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
DUDE! That happened to me when I got mine. I drove it home from the dealer and hit a little 6 inch shelf going like 2 mph. The clutches didnt disengage fast enough and engine stalled. Big E showed up and you could start it in p or n but once you put it into a gear it would stall again.

We had to put it in gear and push it backwards and forwards a few feet to get it to unbind.

Happened once, tried to happen again a month later, and nothing sense. Guessing gears had to get a little worn in and such.

Dealer had no idea and didn't pursue it.

No water involved though. I would try finding a little hill and having your friends push you and start it in n and throw it in gear while coasting.

That oughta unbind some studd

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: pct and Ridem32
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Been down for a while and finally got to take the ole girl out and try the new tire setup all was great it handled the 31/10.50/15 tires fine but I came up on a big hole didnt have time to get stopped so I hit it water went every where and caused the motor to sputter lost rpms then came back alive and out of the hole got water in the filter pipe but not in the motor but the problem when I started it back up there was an E in the gear selector and when you put it in gear it would quit unhooked the battery the code left but would only move a little bit and took a real high rpm to move so we towed it home ( with a Honda pioneer 700 before you ask HaHa) got it home checked the oil and it was fine clean and no smell do you guys think it could be electrical I havent got to check it out much yet all ideas are welcome
Thanks,Paul
Have you checked your air filter?

Reactions: pct and JACKAL
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine straightened out on the fault after disconnecting the battery haven't been able to check it out any further yet
Thanks for info,Paul

Reactions: Ridem32
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't got to check it yet but it is on my list of things to check
Thanks,Paul

Reactions: Ridem32
S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't got to check it yet but it is on my list of things to check
Thanks,Paul
I had similar situation, your air filter is probably soaked. No idea why the put the airbox up high behind the seat and then route it to the front so when you hit a good puddle it sucks in water? Not smart. I cleaned out my intake changed my air filter, engine oil is clean, gas tank vent is clean, differential fluid is clean and it doesn't want to shift, wont move until at least 1000RPM. Bringing it for hopefully warranty work?

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry I have not been on here lately just got out of the hospital still under the weather but I did check out a few things before I went in my air filter was soaked but no water had got in motor all the fluids are clean an d not burnt have not felt like taking it for a ride yet was wonderinr about a clutch reset first what are you guys thoughts on that or just take a ride on it
Thanks,Paul

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey,Sulli did you get an E fault too
Paul

advertisement
Byrd

Byrd

Feb 20, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like clutch is engaged maybe in a higher gear? I would ask dealer how to do trans reset they should be able to walk you thru it.

S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey,Sulli did you get an E fault too
Paul
Yes, it went away after I changed the air filter. Make sure you suck all the water/mud out of the air intake tube before you change the filter so you don't ruin the new filter. I believe there is a sensor right there near the air filter that may have gotten dirty as well.

Reactions: Manjackbaja
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info I have been cleaning on my intake tube I still have to get my new filter it will be another week before I will be able to work on it

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Sulli did you get your pioneer straightened out what did you end up doing to get it going again still not up to working on mine yet but I hope to get started on it soon

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My filter caught most of the water my motor is fine it will have a different intake on it before the next time it leaves the yard 100 5870 100 5871

Reactions: JTW
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
here are some pics of the air box100 5872 100 5874I'm not sure on the trans yet the E fault cleared when I unhooked the bat don't know if their is more to reset it yet still checking and reading any ideas

S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Sulli did you get your pioneer straightened out what did you end up doing to get it going again still not up to working on mine yet but I hope to get started on it soon
Yes, the dealer warrantied the clutch problem, replaced clutch pack. I think it burned up in the mud when I put it in reverse to get unstuck? Make sure you check your gas, the vent is in the seat frame for the seat cushion I would figure out a way to check your fuel to see if there is water in it. Now I'm going to get some feed back I'm sure. I went and road Ocala National Forest Last Sunday, my temp. light came on. I shut it off and let it cool down a while. Ran fine the rest of the day but it was very uncomfortable due to heat coming from seat and dash board. Traded it in this morning on a Polarir RZR 4 900. I have owned several different machines and never had these problems, never any problems in the first several years. Disappointed to say the least, hope yours is better for you and good luck. Pioneer has a lot of good things going for it but has some things to work out IMHO.
Brian

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info Brian mine never got stuck it just bogged down for a second when the water hit and when I got out of the hole it was making a gurgling sound shut it off and when I turned the key on is when the E fault showed up unhooked the batt and it cleared have not done anything since going to try to work on it some later what size tires are you running
Thanks, Paul

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 31/10-50/15s on mine it might be on its way to the dealer going to install the clean filter first and see if it shifts ok my oil does not smell and is not discolored need to get it checked out Thanks for the help
Paul

advertisement