Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
That stuff will stunt your growth!! Maybe that's a good thing.

Not dead yet...been to AZ and back twice...gas bill is killing me...it's a thousand dollars /trip!! Leave next week with a load of 100 steel fence posts, 2miles of barbed wire, 42 4"x 8' posts and 3 12"x 24' poles for an entrance gate thing. Waiting on septic permit which takes 4-6 weeks there...it took 3 days in ID. Taking my little travel trailer down to spend the Winter I think. Once septic is in I can dump there. Still hauling water in 275 gal totes and generator for power...solar on trailer runs refrig and lights but not AC so since it's in the 80's to 50's season in AZ I don't need the genny that much. I converted my 5K Honda generators to propane so they run cleaner and almost as good as that junk gasoline.

We had rain turned to snow a few days back...melted on the way down it was 37F and warm ground. But, that crap is coming...leaves are turning above 4,000' and ferns in my woods now getting golden.

Just thought I'd check in an say hello...best to everyone and happy Columbus Day or whatever the faggots call it now.
I figured you must be in AZ. Sounds like you got things going.
I'll be going to Alberta first of Nov again. Just over a month away. And last year it was -27 with knee deep snow the same time. I bought a nice pair of bib coveralls, warm and gortex. So hopefully won't need them. Haha. I just had him pick them up out there, so I don't have to take them back and forth. He got tickets for Bruce Springsteen on the 8 th.
Stay in touch brother. Always good to hear what's going on with you.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I figured you must be in AZ. Sounds like you got things going.
I'll be going to Alberta first of Nov again. Just over a month away. And last year it was -27 with knee deep snow the same time. I bought a nice pair of bib coveralls, warm and gortex. So hopefully won't need them. Haha. I just had him pick them up out there, so I don't have to take them back and forth. He got tickets for Bruce Springsteen on the 8 th.
Stay in touch brother. Always good to hear what's going on with you.
Caper
Moth balls are your friend! HA!

• Love
Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I forgot...I stepped on one this morning but it was bright colored so it was probably a girl moth.
Gave my Harley to #2 son and he rode back to Delaware in 4 days. He's a disc jockey at a Christian radio station and has a great time doing shows. I rode with him as far as Missoula and had a nice time on the way riding thru ID and MT mountains on the bikes. I'm down to 5 bikes. Not sure if I mentioned it but my wife put a scooter on layaway before she died and I paid for it. It's a lot of fun and #1 son said it makes me look like an old fart...but I am...nap time.

T

thatguy2

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Went from enhanced risk for severe weather to nothing yesterday. Not even rain. Brother needs a new roof from the storm the other night but insurance said if they file a claim they will drop them. I think this is their 3rd new roof due to hail in 4 years. Today is beautiful. North wind, low humidity, mid 80s.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Went from enhanced risk for severe weather to nothing yesterday. Not even rain. Brother needs a new roof from the storm the other night but insurance said if they file a claim they will drop them. I think this is their 3rd new roof due to hail in 4 years. Today is beautiful. North wind, low humidity, mid 80s.
Damn, why have insurance. I see a lot of companies are dropping people in the south. Do to storms. But why do you have insurance, for storms.
Caper

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Damn, why have insurance. I see a lot of companies are dropping people in the south. Do to storms. But why do you have insurance, for storms.
Caper
Yeah no $hit!
Im still waiting in my insurance for my TH from a storm. The estimate totaled it, then the insurance sent a structural engineer out for a second opinion. Its ben a PIMA.

• Sad
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah no $hit!
Im still waiting in my insurance for my TH from a storm. The estimate totaled it, then the insurance sent a structural engineer out for a second opinion. Its ben a PIMA.
My motorcycle insurance doubled this year and they say it's inflation which was at 8% not 100%...scumbags!!

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lets Go Brandon! :mad:
There's a biker bar (which of course I would never frequent) that has an 8' high sign that says that facing I 40 in Kingman. AZ. City tried to get them to remove it and another sign went up next to it..."1st Amendment enforced by the 2nd Amendment". May be one of the reasons I'm moving there. BTW, they do make great burgers and homemade chips...not fry's but chips.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There's a biker bar (which of course I would never frequent) that has an 8' high sign that says that facing I 40 in Kingman. AZ. City tried to get them to remove it and another sign went up next to it..."1st Amendment enforced by the 2nd Amendment". May be one of the reasons I'm moving there. BTW, they do make great burgers and homemade chips...not fry's but chips.
Was in Aruba back in March on a cruse. Seen this plate . They know!
IMG 5802

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
#1 son was weed wacking hit a small rock and threw it into glass door and State Farm said it was act of god and didn't pay. I'm using USAA in AZ and will move vehicles to them as they expire with State Farm.
Jesus! I would move them too!

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
#1 son was weed wacking hit a small rock and threw it into glass door and State Farm said it was act of god and didn't pay. I'm using USAA in AZ and will move vehicles to them as they expire with State Farm.
My son in law and daughter have military insurance through the airforce. They pay hardly anything and never have a problem with a claim. She was a new driver and only paid a couple hundred dollars for the year. Crazy
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement