Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry...it is pretty funny trip thru Tim Horton's drive up window.

I went to a Tim's in Lethbridge on a motorcycle a few years back and I couldn't understand the young female person so I parked and went inside to order. I tried to pay with a US $5 bill and they wouldn't take it so I had to reorder and use a credit card eh.
Damn power went out before lunch. I figured it was going to come back on by supper. Nope. And power corp said it wouldn’t be on until around 11:00 tonight. So I filled the generator, plugged it in outside the house. Went in and hit the switches. Wahooo.
Then after about 15 minutes, the power came back on.
Never fails. Just a pain draining the generator out of gas again.
Haha
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Damn power went out before lunch. I figured it was going to come back on by supper. Nope. And power corp said it wouldn’t be on until around 11:00 tonight. So I filled the generator, plugged it in outside the house. Went in and hit the switches. Wahooo.
Then after about 15 minutes, the power came back on.
Never fails. Just a pain draining the generator out of gas again.
Haha
Caper
Hate when that happens...one of the reasons I went to propane/dual fuel genny.

I have an almost 30 year old Honda 5K and it's still doing it's thing as long as I drain the carb when I'm done. It has a plug in the carb bowl and I replaced it with a motorcycle petcock. All you need to do is turn off the fuel and turn it from off to on and it drains the carb in seconds...just a thought,

Last edited:
Reactions: Wallace and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Sunshine and calm this morning. Lost power for about 6 hours yesterday. All good.
Around 20 this morning. Had a dusting of snow last night.
Beautiful morning
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sunshine and calm this morning. Lost power for about 6 hours yesterday. All good.
Around 20 this morning. Had a dusting of snow last night.
Beautiful morning
Caper
30 with clouds and rain later...dadgumit!! We were just getting to the point where the ice was thinning and you could see the ground thru it. Cold into the teens next week. It appears BC is going to share some of their cold air with us.

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
30 with clouds and rain later...dadgumit!! We were just getting to the point where the ice was thinning and you could see the ground thru it. Cold into the teens next week. It appears BC is going to share some of their cold air with us.
That’s very nice of them.
Your welcome.
Haha
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Monday will be my wife's and I's 41st Wedding anniversary, were'r going to Juicy Tails tonight for dinner, already know what I'm ordering, Snow Crab legs w/ garlic sauce and fried pickles. We were going to go to Hot Springs to the Horse Races for the week end, but are watching the virus crap, maybe in a month.

Last edited:
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Monday will be my wife's and I's 41st Wedding anniversary, were'r going to Juicy Tails tonight for dinner, already know what I'm ordering, Snow Crab legs w/ garlic sauce and fries pickles. We were going to go to Hot Springs to the Horse Races for the week end, but are watching the virus crap, maybe in a month.
Snow crab from Cape Breton ?
And my dad had race horses. Standard bred.
A lot of good times. But money pits with hooves.
And
Congratulations Smitty. Have a great night.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
18 years ago today, we had White Juan. Over 3’ of snow and Hurricane force winds. Had to get huge pay-loaders to do the streets.
It was a darn mess. I remember my big Golden Retriever walking completely under the snow. He was a tank. Haha
Caper

• Love
Reactions: SWB and Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Monday will be my wife's and I's 41st Wedding anniversary, were'r going to Juicy Tails tonight for dinner, already know what I'm ordering, Snow Crab legs w/ garlic sauce and fries pickles. We were going to go to Hot Springs to the Horse Races for the week end, but are watching the virus crap, maybe in a month.
Hey...CONGRATS!!! You two are 5 years ahead of CP and I...but then if you add in all my married years we're tied.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Woke up to around 4” of snow and still snowing. Weren’t calling for it. Haha. How do they miss that.
Cold and snowy.
Caper

Reactions: SWB
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Today will be warm and sunny. Monday starts a slow ride downhill weather wise. Warm with rain chances Monday and Tuesday. Cold comes in with chances of frozen precip for nothern half of state mid week. Cool Friday with rain ending. But, nice day today.

• Love
Reactions: Caper
advertisement