Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Got up at 4:00 AM this morning to check wood stoves / add wood because I didn't shut the air down completely and it was 4*, it warmed up nicely to 47* and we had a nice snow / ice melt today. We got around after cleaning the home and went to town to Lowes for bubs, mail box support bird feeder and bird seed. Our roads were in good shape dry, got to town and the streets were crap two inches of packed snow / ice and no gravel at intersections, really? The real reason we went to town was to get a mailbox support for the new mailbox because I've got a new mail box coming next week along with something I'm excited about a mail delivery flag that pops up automatically when the mail man opens the mail box. That way I can see if we've got mail and don't have to stop and walk across the road to check. Yea pretty stupid! HA!
We have boxes. Communal boxes. So 15 in each section. In Cape Breton they deliver like you to a box at the end of the road. If you have mail going out. The flag goes up. And he knows to stop and take it. And if he leaves mail, he leaves it up. Probably will change soon. To communal boxes. Definitely cheaper.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We have boxes. Communal boxes. So 15 in each section. In Cape Breton they deliver like you to a box at the end of the road. If you have mail going out. The flag goes up. And he knows to stop and take it. And if he leaves mail, he leaves it up. Probably will change soon. To communal boxes. Definitely cheaper.
Caper
We are a long way from the box but that seems to be a great idea.

We did have mail theft for about 6 months until on neighbor caught two 12 year olds taking stuff out of the boxes who sold it at school. I lost a leather knife sheath and other stuff and never got it back. Parents were ass holes and refused to take responsibility...one family was from MI and the other from IN...both moved since this happened.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We are a long way from the box but that seems to be a great idea.

We did have mail theft for about 6 months until on neighbor caught two 12 year olds taking stuff out of the boxes who sold it at school. I lost a leather knife sheath and other stuff and never got it back. Parents were ass holes and refused to take responsibility...one family was from MI and the other from IN...both moved since this happened.
Kids can do no wrong now with idiot parents.
That’s one good thing about the boxes, they are all locked.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It’s cold here this morning. 5 degrees feels like 0. Beautiful sunshine. Not much heat.
Caper
Water is dripping, so there must be some heat in it. Haha
Deck has about 3/4 of an inch of ice on it. Staying above freezing all week, so it should go. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It would be a nice day if it wasn’t so cold. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Water is dripping, so there must be some heat in it. Haha
Deck has about 3/4 of an inch of ice on it. Staying above freezing all week, so it should go. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It would be a nice day if it wasn’t so cold. Haha
Caper
Isn't that Gulf Stream wonderful!!

31 headed for 40 and stars at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Isn't that Gulf Stream wonderful!!

31 headed for 40 and stars at the moment.
I wish the Gulf Stream was a little closer. Like Sable Island.
Have you ever flown over Sable Island. That is one place I always wanted to go.
Caper

Reactions: SWB
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Cool weather most week but warmer than has been lately. No rain for most part a week out. Here are today's numbers.

Caper got some of this headed your direction.

• Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
advertisement
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I didn’t know that you knew most liberals….🤔
But your constant broad brush swipes at half the country isn’t unique to just you….
If you took a glance at the NTC or the Meme Dumping Zone threads here you’d see an endless daily barrage of bigotry and hate, racism and sexism and insults towards liberals…

It’s the new America
Your spreading misinformation Monty, the NTC and Meme Zone are just a bunch of guys trying to get though life, have a good time, share interests and they will go out of their way to help others.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Hey @Caper, my hot tub is asking if you can keep the freezing temps up in the Northern yonder.
C9F81A34 E832 4BCA BC51 FED13FCAA6CD

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hey @Caper, my hot tub is asking if you can keep the freezing temps up in the Northern yonder.
View attachment 317816
That’s not good. I put a metal roof over mine, when I get it. Haha
It’s darn cold up here too. We just thought you might want to cool off for going in the hot tub. 😊
My gutters are full of ice from the storm, and it’s dripping right on the latch for the gate. It was about an inch thick covering the whole thing. I had to get a hammer to get out.
😊
Hopefully things start to get warmer soon.
I’m tired of it.
Caper

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Haha, that’s some ingenuity. Or something.
😂😂
Wouldn’t the labour department like to walk up on that. Haha
Caper
Must admit I used a pallet as a standing ”scaffold” platform with my front end loder pallet forks. Even considered modifying the metal frame from those 275 gal. water totes (inexpensive used surplus), next time I stain my barn. According to Mr. Google, someone has already done it..
Maybe safer than a ladder (if the Mrs. goes easy on the hydralic joystick).

204124C3 D57D 44E2 9F6F 7D34E856F90D832DB75E 4419 41F9 8629 C7319484C77A

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Must admit I used a pallet as a standing ”scaffold” platform with my front end loder pallet forks. Even considered modifying the metal frame from those 275 gal. water totes next time I stain my barn. According to Mr. Google, someone has already done it..
Maybe safer than a ladder (if the Mrs. goes easy on the hydralic joystick).

View attachment 317905View attachment 317906
Loaders make great ladders as long as the Mrs isn’t recently mad at ya. 😂🤣

advertisement