Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok then I'm not sure why you're getting water up there. Honda should warranty that I would think. Maybe pull off next time to wash and check if it's wet then. Then even wash the machine with it off. Be good to get some of the crap off of the running gear anyways imo. I'd call Honda soon on that seat. I figured for sure it was heat shield though because I can see that be a problem soaking up water
That's one reason I'm putting the cool it thermo tech stuff on

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok then I'm not sure why you're getting water up there. Honda should warranty that I would think. Maybe pull off next time to wash and check if it's wet then. Then even wash the machine with it off. Be good to get some of the crap off of the running gear anyways imo. I'd call Honda soon on that seat. I figured for sure it was heat shield though because I can see that be a problem soaking up water
Also, you said call Honda direct? Or Call the dealer?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dealer first.

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Call them soon because the newer it is the more leg you have to stand on because that might be considered a "wear" item. Maybe not mention the water unless asked. Meanwhile try to track down the entrance of water.

Sent from iPhone

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Call them soon because the newer it is the more leg you have to stand on because that might be considered a "wear" item. Maybe not mention the water unless asked. Meanwhile try to track down the entrance of water.

Sent from iPhone
Thanks, I will do that tomorrow. I have a feeling it's the plastic that has a crack someware that is a flaw in the mold, and it's in the higher area. I would need to remove the seat all the way off the glue to really find out. Hopefully they will just want me to bring in the seat and not the whole machine

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks, I will do that tomorrow. I have a feeling it's the plastic that has a crack someware that is a flaw in the mold, and it's in the higher area. I would need to remove the seat all the way off the glue to really find out. Hopefully they will just want me to bring in the seat and not the whole machine
I suppose. That's still weird that some are doing that. Might be a slight misalignment from the factory in some that is allowing it in. Just washing from what I've seen from mine you would have to actually try. Unless you go deep into water i wouldn't think its feasible from underneath.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I suppose. That's still weird that some are doing that. Might be a slight misalignment from the factory in some that is allowing it in. Just washing from what I've seen from mine you would have to actually try. Unless you go deep into water i wouldn't think its feasible from underneath.
Exactly! I haven't done any of that, just wash

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mine has done that too since new. In sure it has something to do with me driving seat deep in water.

Anyway, after a ride I lean the seat up against the garage wall and let it drain in the sun and it's all gone pretty quick.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mine has done that too since new. In sure it has something to do with me driving seat deep in water.

Anyway, after a ride I lean the seat up against the garage wall and let it drain in the sun and it's all gone pretty quick.
Mine has Ben doing that very thing in the sun for the last few hrs and no water drained still in the plastic area

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Hey Joey you and Deltons are probably ALWAYS wet:)

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Stauvo and joeymt33
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry I wasn't back sooner. After Reading All the comments I doubt posting a pic of what the underside of my seat looks like will help... lol. Pretty sure there's no difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok, update. I called my dealer (my salesman) was fantastic. He said, they have heard of the Polaris doing that a lot never a Honda. So he went and got his service manager and he immediately Said send me a pic and will order u a new seat! That shouldn't happen. So far so good! Didn't have to take the Pioneer in. Will see. I'll let u know when the new one comes in. Have had nothing but good luck with them so far.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok, update. I called my dealer (my salesman) was fantastic. He said, they have heard of the Polaris doing that a lot never a Honda. So he went and got his service manager and he immediately Said send me a pic and will order u a new seat! That shouldn't happen. So far so good! Didn't have to take the Pioneer in. Will see. I'll let u know when the new one comes in. Have had nothing but good luck with them so far.View attachment 19530
Damn nice!!!

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is good service. Definitely a warranty issue.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, update. I called my dealer (my salesman) was fantastic. He said, they have heard of the Polaris doing that a lot never a Honda. So he went and got his service manager and he immediately Said send me a pic and will order u a new seat! That shouldn't happen. So far so good! Didn't have to take the Pioneer in. Will see. I'll let u know when the new one comes in. Have had nothing but good luck with them so far.View attachment 19530

I would definitely say that is a problem. Awesome that your dealer is taking care of you.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool. I will keep a even closer eye on mine. Thanks for seeing that through @Remington :)

Reactions: Remington
advertisement