Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Took my bottom seat out tonight to check things out, I heard water in the plastic that holds the seat and the cushion is damp. Prob from when I washed it a Fuew weeks ago. Anyone have this problem and ayway of getting it out? It just sloshes around in there

Reactions: Stauvo
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are talking under the drivers side, that should drain pretty freely. I store stuff in there in a dry bag and wash it out when I wash the machine. I've never had a problem with it not draining.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you are talking under the drivers side, that should drain pretty freely. I store stuff in there in a dry bag and wash it out when I wash the machine. I've never had a problem with it not draining.[
Yes that's ware its at. It Ben a few weeks, and I was getting ready to put some heat protection on the bottom of the seat and its just sloshing around in there. I would have thought it would be gone by now? Any other way to get it out? Like I said, I'm surprised it is still there

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dotman1
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not near my machine right now so I can't check it out. I just know that mine doesn't hold water and drains on it's own. I'll check it out when I get home. You might have something blocking the areas where it drains. From memory I'm pretty sure you should be able to see light through the outside back bottom corner.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
To verify, im talking about the seat itself, the black plastic that the foam seat cradles
In. Sorry about that.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
To verify, im talking about the seat itself, the black plastic that the foam seat cradles
In. Sorry about that.
Right on thanks. I'll check that out. I'll let you know what I find. Let me know if you see anything.
My quads do exactly what you have described. Just never had anything like this before

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I would probably just drill a few drain holes where you think the water may be trapped.
I thought about doing that. Just didn't want to make it worse every time I wash it or drive in water that splashes up.im Also worried about the foam pad going to hell from mildew

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In. Sorry about that.

Oh. That changes everything... lol. I've never had the seat itself retain water, but I never get it very wet when cleaning it. A quick spray if it needs it and wipe it down. That's it.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh. That changes everything... lol. I've never had the seat itself retain water, but I never get it very wet when cleaning it. A quick spray if it needs it and wipe it down. That's it.
Right, that's about it here too! Real weird. If someone has a pic at there drain holes it would help. I wonder if manufacturing forgot to put mine in? Lol anything is possible

Reactions: dotman1 and AKRider
advertisement
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It'll be a couple hours before I can, but I will pull mine and post a pic of the underside so you have a reference.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It'll be a couple hours before I can, but I will pull mine and post a pic of the underside so you have a reference.
Thanks, I'll keep u posted what I come up with on my end. Thanks much

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine seems to hold some water for weeks after washing as well.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mine seems to hold some water for weeks after washing as well.
Well well! We have another!
This can't be a good normal thing for the foam underneath to retain that for that long

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well well! We have another!
This can't be a good normal thing for the foam underneath to retain that for that long
I just dicovered it last week when I was checking my BYOB heat shield. I do know the shield will draw a little water. I had the seat off laying sideways and a little water trickeled out. I will keep an eye on it or check for some added drain holes if need.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Neither one of mine retained water I even use the pressure washer hard. Weird. Is it because of the heat shield???

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Neither one of mine retained water I even use the pressure washer hard. Weird. Is it because of the heat shield???
Real strange, I just noticed cuz of the water, the glue/ calk they use to fasten the seat to the plastic has not stated on in one corner. I'm a bit afraid to take the rest of the seat off and find a crack in that plastic. Just bought the thing in May. Don't want them to not warranty it if that's the case

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do you have a heat shield?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do you have a heat shield?
Nope, noticed it when I was getting ready to put some of the cool thermo tech stuff on the bottom of the seat and other areas.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nope, noticed it when I was getting ready to put some of the cool thermo tech stuff on the bottom of the seat and other areas.
Ok then I'm not sure why you're getting water up there. Honda should warranty that I would think. Maybe pull off next time to wash and check if it's wet then. Then even wash the machine with it off. Be good to get some of the crap off of the running gear anyways imo. I'd call Honda soon on that seat. I figured for sure it was heat shield though because I can see that be a problem soaking up water

advertisement