P1000m5 Water depth

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The breathers are located fairly low and believe me you don't want to flood the thing. I just spent the last week tearing my rig down to clean it up after a puddle turned out to be deeper than anticipated. The subtrans and gas tank had taken in muddy water and the grand total was over $200 in filters and fluids and a week of nights of work to get everything back to where I felt comfortable.

I will be snorkeling it so that I don't have this problem in the future. I got lucky this time and didn't hydrolock the engine but I don't want to count on luck again.

Reactions: Smitty335
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
The breathers are located fairly low and believe me you don't want to flood the thing. I just spent the last week tearing my rig down to clean it up after a puddle turned out to be deeper than anticipated. The subtrans and gas tank had taken in muddy water and the grand total was over $200 in filters and fluids and a week of nights of work to get everything back to where I felt comfortable.

I will be snorkeling it so that I don't have this problem in the future. I got lucky this time and didn't hydrolock the engine but I don't want to count on luck again.

Yeah after everything I read I got the vent relocation kit and did a pvc snorkel and it looks pretty good and works awesome a 2" coupling will fit nice inside the stock intake tube thing that is under the hood. I put a good bead of butyl then shoved it in there and let the butyl set up and it will be waterproof.