P1000 Washing the P1's

D

Dasmoeturhead

What? Your washing your Pioneer? That dirt and mud is a badge of honor :)

Seriously though I use low pressure from a hosepipe and S100 cleaner. Makes her Purdy.

Reactions: sharp
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For some reason when I saw the title of this thread it brought to mind Jessica Simpson washing the General Lee.

I have a Simpson 3200 psi from Lowes, so far it's been great. From what I've learned using the right nozzle is the key to not tearing stuff up with it.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For some reason when I saw the title of this thread it brought to mind Jessica Simpson washing the General Lee.

I have a Simpson 3200 psi from Lowes, so far it's been great. From what I've learned using the right nozzle is the key to not tearing stuff up with it.
Jessica Simpson can wash my pioneer any time she wants!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I ended up getting an electric 1600 psi from HD for around a hundred - very happy with it so far I of course used it to wash the pioneer and have also used it to clean most of the driveway (ongoing process) and the sidewalk etc. I had previously borrowed a friends gas which had more PSI but this little thing does just as good on those task as the gas powered one did - and it only runs when you are actively spraying water. No more running all the time. For my intended purposes anything more powerful would have been overkill at this point.

J

Jshell3

Well I ended up getting an electric 1600 psi from HD for around a hundred - very happy with it so far I of course used it to wash the pioneer and have also used it to clean most of the driveway (ongoing process) and the sidewalk etc. I had previously borrowed a friends gas which had more PSI but this little thing does just as good on those task as the gas powered one did - and it only runs when you are actively spraying water. No more running all the time. For my intended purposes anything more powerful would have been overkill at this point.
  1. I know this sounds crazy, but I get as many leaves, pine needles, and small rocks off as I can with my gas powered driveway blower while it's parked in the yard.
  2. Then I pull it up to the shed and turn on my air compressor (gun) to work over the engine, dash, and electrical. 100psi air makes parts shiny and new!
  3. Finally, I pressure wash the fenders and under carriage - Wand on fan setting ($80 electric Harbor Freight - I love it).

I do the same thing with my zero turn. You'd be amazed at what compressed air will blow off a deck. Then you're miles ahead instead of soaking grass clippings down w the water only later to have to reach in there and pull it out by hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JTW

1. I know this sounds crazy, but I get as many leaves, pine needles, and small rocks off as I can with my gas powered driveway blower while it's parked in the yard.
  2. Then I pull it up to the shed and turn on my air compressor (gun) to work over the engine, dash, and electrical. 100psi air makes parts shiny and new!
  3. Finally, I pressure wash the fenders and under carriage - Wand on fan setting ($80 electric Harbor Freight - I love it).
I do the same thing with my zero turn. You'd be amazed at what compressed air will blow off a deck. Then you're miles ahead instead of soaking grass clippings down w the water only later to have to reach in there and pull it out by hand.
All I use is air on my mower.. I pressure wash it maybe once a year.

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll try using my compressor that is a good idea - I have used it to spray off the bag I carry - heck sometimes I feel like I should have an old clothes line that I hang everything I was wearing from and beat the dust out of it.

E

ebkoz

Feb 27, 2017
new jersey
Quick pre-rinse with just water to get the big stuff, then foam
Then use a good sponge and soft long handled wheel brush for the hard to get spots and wheels. Then rinse.

Reactions: Jshell3
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tell us more about the "foam cannon."

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I have a couple of the little electric
Karcher's, but as a preamble to getting
one of those going, I moved an oscillating
yard sprinkler around under it for a while
to help dislodge some of the mud on the
bottom of the skid plats & suspension.

I didn't look under it when I finished today,
but there were chunks of mud falling out
while the sprinkler was running.

Edit to add: I looked under my P1K3 today,
and the sprinkler did a really good job on
the underside.

John

Serveimageurlhttps3A2F2Fwwwkarcheroutletcouk2Fimages2FDetail2F4681a

Eimageurlhttps3A2F2Fimages nassl images amazoncom2Fimages2FI2F61N252B35VAeWL SL1300

Last edited:
E

ebkoz

Feb 27, 2017
new jersey
The foam or suds is what works the best. A foam gun or cannon just makes it really easy and fast to apply it without rubbing the dirt into the surface. You don't have to spend a lot of money and you can use the soap of your choice (I use Meguires from Costco). A good cheap cannon; Amazon.com: DUSICHIN SFL-001 Pressure Washer Jet Wash 1/4" Quick Release Adjustable Snow Foam Lance, Foam Cannon: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Garden hose gun; Amazon.com: Chemical Guys ACC_326 Foam Blaster 6 Foam Wash Gun: Automotive

After pre-rinse with water, foam and let sit until foam is absorbed, sponge and rinse. If the vehicle has a painted surface (and you are anal about swirls in the paint), just rinse the first foam, re-apply foam and then hit it with a good sponge or microfiber sponge and rinse.

Reactions: Deer-hunter
monbecca

monbecca

Mar 9, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a cheap harbor freight power washer. I love it, and it works great on the Pioneer. My favorite way to wash it is by sitting in a lawn chair and drink a cocktail while the neighbor kid earns 25 bucks.
Can I ask which one from Harbor freight? I looked at a couple but figure if you like the one you have I will get that one. Tks in advance :)

C

colin215213

Can I ask which one from Harbor freight? I looked at a couple but figure if you like the one you have I will get that one. Tks in advance :)
That post is 5 years old. AR Blue Clean has decent prices on their washers.