P1000 Vent Extension Question

A

AmosMoses

Aug 12, 2017
Callahan, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, new here with a 3 week old 1000-5 Deluxe. Have learned a ton on here and I have searched and cannot find an answer to this. I see all the threads on extending the vent tubes from differentials, fuel, etc.

Does anyone know if you can just put a connector on the existing vent tubes, add new tube from that point and then run them up? Rather than replace the entire tube? I realize it is one more thing to fail, but honestly its not mechanical so I am not all that worried. Just seems like an easier way to do it.

Any info? Downsides? Thx

Reactions: pct
J

JTW

Just buy one of the kits the guys are selling on here... you'll save yourself a lot of time and $!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, new here with a 3 week old 1000-5 Deluxe. Have learned a ton on here and I have searched and cannot find an answer to this. I see all the threads on extending the vent tubes from differentials, fuel, etc.

Does anyone know if you can just put a connector on the existing vent tubes, add new tube from that point and then run them up? Rather than replace the entire tube? I realize it is one more thing to fail, but honestly its not mechanical so I am not all that worried. Just seems like an easier way to do it.

Any info? Downsides? Thx
Yes that's exactly what I did. JTW is right about that kit. I spent 60 bucks at auto parts store on hoses and connectors. Those kits are cheaper.

J

JTW

Yes that's exactly what I did. JTW is right about that kit. I spent 60 bucks at auto parts store on hoses and connectors. Those kits are cheaper.
I did too... and still didn't have all the pieces I needed.