HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
as for the seat belt W E A R I T !!!!!!! If you have to over ride it just plug the passenger belt into it . Use your head . wear the belt and a helmet .

Reactions: ehart814
J

JTW

as for the seat belt W E A R I T !!!!!!! If you have to over ride it just plug the passenger belt into it . Use your head . wear the belt and a helmet .
No.. you clearly haven't tried to work out of something you have to constantly belt in and out of. If I'm riding hard.. ok. But 75% of the miles that will happen the seatbelt is useless. This is as much or more a hunting/workin rig. If I were JUST trail riding hard.. I wouldn't have bought a p500! I despise the government attempting to regulate common sense.

NukePooch

NukePooch

Oct 5, 2016
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey there, JTW...If you don't mind me asking, I've been interested in checking into getting a P500 (and I'm in Central Kentucky)...and hearing about the wonderful time you've been having with the dealership, what dealer is it so I can be on guard?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Tell me about it.. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the trip. But I made that CRYSTAL clear when I ordered it. You would at least think, given the situation, they'd have the damn wheels and tires ready! That's just f'n stupid!

They would be giving me a discount on those wheels and tires! I know that's not the point, you want them when you get the machine but still, that's BS. Or did you pay for all this upfront? If not, I'd ride the stock wheels at first and leave them hangin.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
They would be giving me a discount on those wheels and tires! I know that's not the point, you want them when you get the machine but still, that's BS. Or did you pay for all this upfront? If not, I'd ride the stock wheels at first and leave them hangin.
That's a good point @trigger, I think I'd leave them hanging on the wheels too if they aren't already paid for and find a different vendor for them. @JTW, if you haven't paid for them yet, check out tirewiz.com. They will ship wheels and tires to you direct, mounted and ready to bolt up.

Reactions: trigger and JTW
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Congrats Monte.....You'll like the 700 and it steers better than the 500 until you put it 4 lock.

Reactions: Montecresto
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
JTW.....I have a couple Honda and they will roll and drive on the stock wheels and tires. Hang in there it's gonna happen!!!

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
J

JTW

Hey there, JTW...If you don't mind me asking, I've been interested in checking into getting a P500 (and I'm in Central Kentucky)...and hearing about the wonderful time you've been having with the dealership, what dealer is it so I can be on guard?
Dan Powers Honda in etown.

Reactions: NukePooch
J

JTW

If they're not here that's what I'll do..

J

JTW

That's a good point @trigger, I think I'd leave them hanging on the wheels too if they aren't already paid for and find a different vendor for them. @JTW, if you haven't paid for them yet, check out tirewiz.com. They will ship wheels and tires to you direct, mounted and ready to bolt up.
Amazon has both for about the same price.. my only hesitation doing that is they're allowing me $200 on the stock wheels and tires.. BUT if they're not here when I get the machine. Im done with them!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Congrats monte! And quit teasin...what color, 700-2 or 4? Probably steers better because it's wider...spacers? :)
You big kidder you, Camo, it's a 2, no spacers, just steers like its power assisted.

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Congrats Monte.....You'll like the 700 and it steers better than the 500 until you put it 4 lock.
Probably so, haven't done that yet.

J

Jshell3

2016, $1,500 discount and I can drive as fast as I want without the seatbelt, lol.
Oh, I'm a 16 fan all day!
Congrats!
I pray we don't loose you to the 700 club boards!!!
Come back for a visit every now and again.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh, I'm a 16 fan all day!
Congrats!
I pray we don't loose you to the 700 club boards!!!
Come back for a visit every now and again.
Lol. Dude, I bought this to leave on my property in New Mexico. I need it more as a tool, that's why I didn't get another P5. I'm in the P5 forum though for life. I won't be doing the mods to this that I've done to the P5, so I doubt I'll be in the 700 forum beyond technical help if/when I have problems with it. P5 groupie here!!!

Reactions: trigger
J

Jshell3

No.. you clearly haven't tried to work out of something you have to constantly belt in and out of. If I'm riding hard.. ok. But 75% of the miles that will happen the seatbelt is useless. This is as much or more a hunting/workin rig. If I were JUST trail riding hard.. I wouldn't have bought a p500! I despise the government attempting to regulate common sense.
If I had to work out of mine...I'd take the seat belts, doors, nets, and roll cage off. I'd look like a CJ5.

Reactions: JTW and Montecresto
NukePooch

NukePooch

Oct 5, 2016
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Dan Powers Honda in etown.

Thanks, JTW. I hope you get it all worked out and get on the trail soon so you can make up my mind (LOL) on the '16 vs '17 question... I want to know if top speed changed, as well as if low gear is still super low....

advertisement