P1000m5 Update on dual battery install….

Status
Not open for further replies.
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Here is how I made my strap it's just a hose clamp. I drilled holes and just ran clamp under plastic and around battery.
Nice! @rcarroll Welcome to the club and thanks for sharing your battery strap solution with everyone.

R

rcarroll

Dec 26, 2015
Here's how mine ended up

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't know that was a solenoid.

Wouldn't this be a keyed source?

John
I thought the same thing when wiring my winch, because I didn't like the idea of splicing the fused wire, but after testing it, it seemed to be a momentary on solenoid, so I ended up splicing the wire

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
I'm back with some pics of my battery,lights,dash switches and stereo install.The side lights were on my Ranger a few years ago, so I wanted to use them again on the Pioneer. This project took me longer than I expected. I took my time trying to keep things neat and being careful making my connections. I ordered everything through amazon and had to wait awhile because shipments came from different places at different times. For all you that may be thinking of doing something like this, It takes a lot of thought because you run out of space to mount things pretty quick. I still need to tidy up some wires and find a keyed power source for the bottom lights on the rocker switches.
Is that the winch contactor to left blue sea fuse box? And if it is did u wire winch directly to fuse box instead of battery?

Last edited:
advertisement
wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
I'm back with some pics of my battery,lights,dash switches and stereo install.The side lights were on my Ranger a few years ago, so I wanted to use them again on the Pioneer. This project took me longer than I expected. I took my time trying to keep things neat and being careful making my connections. I ordered everything through amazon and had to wait awhile because shipments came from different places at different times. For all you that may be thinking of doing something like this, It takes a lot of thought because you run out of space to mount things pretty quick. I still need to tidy up some wires and find a keyed power source for the bottom lights on the rocker switches.
What gauge wire did you run to the blue sea fuse box and what size/type fuse did you install between the battery and the blue sea fuse box?

16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
What gauge wire did you run to the blue sea fuse box and what size/type fuse did you install between the battery and the blue sea fuse box?
I ran 6 gauge to the fuse box and the Bussmann Hi-Amp circuit breaker between the battery and the fuse box. This circuit breaker has a reset red button on top you can use as an on/off (disconnect) from your aux battery.

JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 8097 View attachment 8098 View attachment 8099 View attachment 8100 View attachment 8101 View attachment 8102 View attachment 8103
Hi,I am new to the forum so I am late on your post, I like what you did on the installation of the second battery, so I have a question, What is the number of the battery you installed? I have looked on Amazon,and battery mart. All the pc925s are too big to fit, can't seem to find the one you show in your post.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hi,I am new to the forum so I am late on your post, I like what you did on the installation of the second battery, so I have a question, What is the number of the battery you installed? I have looked on Amazon,and battery mart. All the pc925s are too big to fit, can't seem to find the one you show in your post.
This one goes right in. Was posted in electrical help in October.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Thanks I'll check it out
Your welcome. Just make sure it's AGM that way it's deep cycle and the battery is sealed no leaky and lots tougher for what you're about to do to it. Even though the battery fits great I did a simple strap across it because I like my stuff tight and dependable. The factory Honda style clips work well and a must at the back edge as its too tight for nut/bolt. Be careful in the back though there are some factory wires not to far under.

Reactions: JTH and joeymt33
16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
This is the battery I used, Odyssey PC925L Drycell Battery

JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 14459

Your welcome. Just make sure it's AGM that way it's deep cycle and the battery is sealed no leaky and lots tougher for what you're about to do to it. Even though the battery fits great I did a simple strap across it because I like my stuff tight and dependable. The factory Honda style clips work well and a must at the back edge as its too tight for nut/bolt. Be careful in the back though there are some factory wires not to far under.

View attachment 14458
Thanks for the info Pusher, I will keep it in mind,did you make your strap?

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.