B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all.

I've been lurking for a while - first post!

I bought a new to me (but secondhand) 2016 White Pioneer 1000 - 5.

I've had it a couple of weeks and love it, overall.

But, being secondhand, I've found a number of problems with it that I missed when I looked it over with my 'buying something cool' goggles on.

The thing I'd like to fix, is my passenger side rearmost down tube of the ROPS. I totally missed the fact that it had been damaged when I bought it.

It appears to me that the tube was hit pretty hard, like maybe the guy caught it on a tree or something and it bent the lowest connection to the frame and also damaged the middle mounting arm with the 2 bolts where it mounts at the back. The one welded nut that is inside the frame actually came off inside the frame. It had to have been whacked pretty hard!

So - I'm planning to replace that piece of the ROPS.

I've noticed a bunch of you guys build your own cages. Would anyone have that section that they want to part with???

There is a ton of great info on this site! I've been spending hours each night checking out everyones builds and thinking about what I might do with mine.

I've got 2 switch panels coming from Mystic1219 (I couldn't make up my mind which way I really wanted to go!) and his extended hinges. Should get those tomorrow!

Thanks if anyone can help, and thanks for all the great info. It's great that everyone on here is always (ok, almost always) trying to help. Seems like a great community!

Boss0144

IMG 1126

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all.

I've been lurking for a while - first post!

I bought a new to me (but secondhand) 2016 White Pioneer 1000 - 5.

I've had it a couple of weeks and love it, overall.

But, being secondhand, I've found a number of problems with it that I missed when I looked it over with my 'buying something cool' goggles on.

The thing I'd like to fix, is my passenger side rearmost down tube of the ROPS. I totally missed the fact that it had been damaged when I bought it.

It appears to me that the tube was hit pretty hard, like maybe the guy caught it on a tree or something and it bent the lowest connection to the frame and also damaged the middle mounting arm with the 2 bolts where it mounts at the back. The one welded nut that is inside the frame actually came off inside the frame. It had to have been whacked pretty hard!

So - I'm planning to replace that piece of the ROPS.

I've noticed a bunch of you guys build your own cages. Would anyone have that section that they want to part with???

There is a ton of great info on this site! I've been spending hours each night checking out everyones builds and thinking about what I might do with mine.

I've got 2 switch panels coming from Mystic1219 (I couldn't make up my mind which way I really wanted to go!) and his extended hinges. Should get those tomorrow!

Thanks if anyone can help, and thanks for all the great info. It's great that everyone on here is always (ok, almost always) trying to help. Seems like a great community!

Boss0144

View attachment 65082
Try babbits.com for parts

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

L

Logan

Feb 7, 2016
Canada
That piece is available separate. And it’s from being pulled out by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the site. I looked at 'hondapartsking.com' also and they had it a little cheaper, at least before shipping.

I hadn't though that maybe it was used in that manner. Could be!

It's only about $300-$325, so not too bad.

I was just wondering if maybe someone had the part that they didn't need.

Thanks guys!!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the site. I looked at 'hondapartsking.com' also and they had it a little cheaper, at least before shipping.

I hadn't though that maybe it was used in that manner. Could be!

It's only about $300-$325, so not too bad.

I was just wondering if maybe someone had the part that they didn't need.

Thanks guys!!
Welcome to the site. There's a chance you'll find someone with your part. If you attend the pioneer takeover event you're odds are probably even better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk