P1000m3 Underseat Cooling fan

JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 7" fan does turn the rear foot wells into a furnace. Had a buddy wear flip flops on a summer evening ride and cooked his feet. This was when I had the fan pointed straight through. I revised my support bracket and angled the fan towards the passengers rear tire. It is a little better now but still gets hot for rear passengers.

Reactions: Tramguage1 and BWAF
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: elkguide and BWAF
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3

So just to finish up this thread... I purchased some 2" push in plastic vents. The package says just drill a 2" hole and push them in... well, sorta. If your hole saws drill like mine you will have a loose fit. I had better luck drilling smaller and filing to get the fit I wanted. I used 3 but left space for another near the driver side if I want more air there. I got them from amazon. Gives a finished look. I am still waiting for my fan speed controller.

FredD

Reactions: BWAF
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Someone here had the idea to use a auto window shade for under the seat. I thought it was a good idea and tried it. So far, it has worked out great and it's cheap. Under 20 bucks. I have a fan I'm thinking about installing too.

Reactions: BWAF