P1000 Turf Tires for my P1000

D

Dron_jones

Oct 8, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi guys, I currently have a P1000 LE and I use it a bunch on my property to do work. The issue I have is that even in turf mode it tears up my lawn pretty bad. My plan was to pickup a second set of wheels for it and throw a set of turf tires on it to save the grass, then transfer back to the regular tires for plowing and offroading. Has anyone done this? My first thought was golfcart tires but with the significant weight different of our units vs a golf cart I was concerned about that they would not be up to the task. Any links to tires you have swapped out to to save your lawns would be appreciated!

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
If you look at Kubotas UTV'S they look like they have turf tires.. Also the sub compact tractors have turf tires. Mine has 26 x 12" x 12:00 on it. The rear tires on your Honda are 11:00 width. so the turf that are on these smaller tractors will work for you on all 4 corners if you choose to go that route.

Reactions: Remington
D

Dron_jones

Oct 8, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you look at Kubotas UTV'S they look like they have turf tires.. Also the sub compact tractors have turf tires. Mine has 26 x 12" x 12:00 on it. The rear tires on your Honda are 11:00 width. so the turf that are on these smaller tractors will work for you on all 4 corners if you choose to go that route.
Thanks - when you say subcompact tractors, are you talking about a lawn tractor?

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks - when you say subcompact tractors, are you talking about a lawn tractor?
A lawn tractor is a compact.
sub compact is a smaller tractor that usually has a 3 point system.
unless he was referring to something else?