P1000 True Battery Isolator Question

LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
So I have the True battery isolator kit and am installing it, they sent wiring diagram for the batteries and the isolator but not how to wire in the dual voltmeters. I've been on the interweb and haven't had much luck and have also surfed this forum. I get they just essentially hook up to the battery and read the volts but don't you have to break the circuit so they are not on all the time? They sent a relay but cant figure out how to use it to turn on and off both voltmeters to read each battery separately. Any help or drawing would be appreciated.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 2752

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I have the diagram, I'll look this afternoon after I get home and post it if I do

Reactions: LapZ
P

PaulMod

Jun 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I spent the day doing the same thing. Tomorrow, have to clamp the new battery in some how.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

I ended up running a solenoid between my second battery and bussman box.. this allows me to shut down all accessory power via a master switch on the switch panel.

LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I ended up running a solenoid between my second battery and bussman box.. this allows me to shut down all accessory power via a master switch on the switch panel.
I was looking at doing the same thing with a solenoid. Do you know if u can energize the solenoid of the aux off the key?

advertisement
J

JTW

I was looking at doing the same thing with a solenoid. Do you know if u can energize the solenoid of the aux off the key?
Yes you can.. I just chose against it.. if I were to have an issue the machine could still function even if my accessories were on the fritz!

J

JTW

What are u running for your air intake? I notice that freed up some room where you mounted what looks to maybe be a turn signal kit? I'm about out of room and looking for space to mount my turn signal kit
That's my bussman box (fuse/relay box)..IMG 2327

I just went thru the hood for the intake. The hood runs about $45. So if you do screw up.. no worries. IMG 2784IMG 3197IMG 2782

I put a lot of time into figuring out where I would locate all my stuff.. there was a lot of figuring and fitting of pieces to get it all to work neatly.

Reactions: sharp
LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Yes you can.. I just chose against it.. if I were to have an issue the machine could still function even if my accessories were on the fritz!
Probably a better idea, so does the main battery power the master switch for the aux battery? I unfortunately ordered and started to install the Honda OEM switch panel so I have to use that instead of the Bussman fuse panel. I see now that u have a snorkel set up, I have no room for an under the hood snorkel system like ive seen some guys do, I'll have to go up for sure!

Reactions: JTW
L

Logan

Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I had a bit of a mess from adding things until I decided it was time for a cleanup. Believe it or not, there is a bank of relays, buss bar, solenoid, winch solenoid,fuses and a snorkel all in there. 6b9574cda61067e09e79be0e3cdefd71

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: swsebek and LapZ
J

JTW

Probably a better idea, so does the main battery power the master switch for the aux battery? I unfortunately ordered and started to install the Honda OEM switch panel so I have to use that instead of the Bussman fuse panel. I see now that u have a snorkel set up, I have no room for an under the hood snorkel system like ive seen some guys do, I'll have to go up for sure!
The stock battery accessory wire powers the light for the aux battery switch and the voltmeter for the stock battery.. the second battery supply's everything else including the rest of my switch lights.

Reactions: LapZ
J

JTW

I was going to go with an underhood snorkel until I began figuring on how much room I would lose.. that's when I decided to go up with it

P

PaulMod

Jun 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had a bit of a mess from adding things until I decided it was time for a cleanup. Believe it or not, there is a bank of relays, buss bar, solenoid, winch solenoid,fuses and a snorkel all in there. 6b9574cda61067e09e79be0e3cdefd71

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Logan, were did you find that hose? Hardware store or on line?

advertisement