P500 Trans

B

Blindman74

Mar 26, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I sunk my honda pioneer 500. I drained the oil. 2 or 3x. Got all moisture and water out of engine. I believe most of the water went thru exhaust into the motor. All signs point to it going under on an exhausted stroke. I got it all dried up and got it started. It started really easy without me messing with the air filter. I was putting it together and i noticed the transmission vent to air filter. I pulled that hose off of trans and there was a drop of water in the bend of hose. What are the odds i have water in the transmission? Should I drain and change trans fluid?

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
I sunk my honda pioneer 500. I drained the oil. 2 or 3x. Got all moisture and water out of engine. I believe most of the water went thru exhaust into the motor. All signs point to it going under on an exhausted stroke. I got it all dried up and got it started. It started really easy without me messing with the air filter. I was putting it together and i noticed the transmission vent to air filter. I pulled that hose off of trans and there was a drop of water in the bend of hose. What are the odds i have water in the transmission? Should I drain and change trans fluid?
Aren't they the same? Oil bath engine/trans

Reactions: trigger
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's probably the crankcase vent