P1000 Trails in Virginia - considering moving and need help

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hi All! I'm considering taking a job in Richmond VA but I don't know anything about the area as I'm from Utah. The job has great potential and looks like it could open up to remote work after 1 year. Just in case that does't happen, I want to see if the Richmond area is a good place to live or not.

What can you all tell me about the area pros and cons and MORE IMPORTANTLY, i'm wondering if there are any off road parks or places I could go ride on the weekends out there within decent proximity.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You would be about 4.5 hrs from Hatfield Mccoy in WV which are some great trails. Not far from the beach as well

Im not from there, im in NC.

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
U would b that much closer to the great trails in TN... I've been through that area(on i-81) but always enjoyed the scenery in VA the Appalachian mountains runs somewhat parallel to the interstate and if not for my family north of there I wouldn't mind going and getting lost up there. Grandpa used to tell me the cows up there had 2 short legs so they could walk those steep hills lol

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ya know...Riderplanet is a good resource...and looking here, it looks promising UNTIL you start clicking those spots. RP lists long closed-spots and any type of motocross track. Of the 5 closest to Richmond, 3 are MX tracks, one of which is closed permanently. The other two offer "about 12 miles of trails" each. Yeah...thats not a "trail system". Not to somebody from Utah.

The OP has to decide how much his current type of ride-all-day from Mexico to Canada lifestyle matters to him...'cause it won't continue back east. And thats not even getting into the weather and such.