P500 Torq Locker install help

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I’m In the re-assembly phase after installing the Torq Locker, but not sure why I have gaps as shown in the following photos. I have crimped circlips tighter and rotating one hub rotates the opposite hub so there is engagement, I just can’t seem to get axle to seat any farther, but it seems like it shouldn’t have this much gap.
Even without circling on trial fit it wouldn’t seat any closer.
I have not added gear oil yet in the event I have to dis assemble for some reason.
Suggestions, comments greatly appreciated.
C9DDC0D3 2ED7 4836 813E EA76F2770FEA
F4760EC1 DA75 4D40 9CFF 716E6408274E

Reactions: trigger and GRANITE
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I’m In the re-assembly phase after installing the Torq Locker, but not sure why I have gaps as shown in the following photos. I have crimped circlips tighter and rotating one hub rotates the opposite hub so there is engagement, I just can’t seem to get axle to seat any farther, but it seems like it shouldn’t have this much gap.
Even without circling on trial fit it wouldn’t seat any closer.
I have not added gear oil yet in the event I have to dis assemble for some reason.
Suggestions, comments greatly appreciated.View attachment 90636View attachment 90637

Lol, I had the same issue! I never felt a pop when putting the shafts back in either. I'd say one side even has a little more gap than the other. I posted about it and the consensus was that it's probably fine and just take it easy for the first couple miles. I did and then rode it hard, no problems yet. You're going to love it! Make sure you do the test to ensure it ratchets. ;)

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, I had the same issue! I never felt a pop when putting the shafts back in either. I'd say one side even has a little more gap than the other. I posted about it and the consensus was that it's probably fine and just take it easy for the first couple miles. I did and then rode it hard, no problems yet. You're going to love it! Make sure you do the test to ensure it ratchets. ;)
Just seems like the gap will allow dirt and debris to pack around axle half shafts, did yours tighten up? Or is this the new normal?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just seems like the gap will allow dirt and debris to pack around axle half shafts, did yours tighten up? Or is this the new normal?

I thought the same thing and it very well might gather sh**. I maxed out the suspension in both directions on the jack and pushed like hell on those, they just wouldn't seat any tighter. They may have seated in a little more now but there's still a gap. Guess it's the new norm.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
I thought the same thing and it very well might gather sh**. I maxed out the suspension in both directions on the jack and pushed like hell on those, they just wouldn't seat any tighter. They may have seated in a little more now but there's still a gap. Guess it's the new norm.
Yep, I jacked up sides and even took a wood block over wheel studs and tapped but no farther engagement, thanks for the reply Bryan, I’ll finish assembly tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Couldn’t resist. Did you try lift with A arms loose? Same thing, went a bit further, but can still slip a quater in the gap. Kinda like the headache getting the power steering flex corrected. Good luck.

6714084C 2739 455A 9EAF 2348EC0E1DA3 1C58BBFD 2D70 46C5 884F D46E6D103494

Last edited:
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Anytime man and glad I could help on something that really isn't my thing, by chance we both noticed it. :)
So after I get this installed along with the EPS that I also purchased, I’ll have to add another $1K to the @Mudder post on accessories, ha. :DThis P5 addiction is almost as bad as drugs, except it’s legal and no chance of OD death :cool:

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Couldn’t resist. Did you try lift with A arms loose? Same thing, went a bit further, but can still slip a quater in the gap. Kinda like the headache getting the power steering flex corrected. Good luck.

View attachment 90647 View attachment 90649
Great, good to know, EPS install is next on the list when I get this install done. Figured I might as well do both at the same time, you know for re-sale value :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
advertisement
C

Chooglin

I would like to bring something up. After you install the locker and bolt the A-arms back on the mounts , do not fully tighten them until you take the machine off the jacks. After the machine is setting on the ground , then you can tighten the a-arm bolts. If you do it while the suspension is at full droop , you will preload the rubber bushings in the a-arms

Last edited by a moderator:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would like to bring something up. After you install the locker and bolt the A-arms back on the mounts , do not fully tighten them until you take the machine off the jacks. After the machine in setting on the ground , then you can tighten the a-arm bolts. If you do it while the suspension is at full droop , you will preload the rubber bushings !
Bet someone has a service manual that give the measurement and measurement points while it's on jack stands. The P1 does.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
I would like to bring something up. After you install the locker and bolt the A-arms back on the mounts , do not fully tighten them until you take the machine off the jacks. After the machine in setting on the ground , then you can tighten the a-arm bolts. If you do it while the suspension is at full droop , you will preload the rubber bushings !
Thanks Choog, will do.
Gotta say this is a great forum with support and info from other members.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Really? Now? Mine's probably all screwed up!

advertisement