P1000 Top Question

J

justindiiorio

Nov 5, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New here to the forum. I tried a search but didn't really find the answer I'm looking for.
I have a 16 P1K 5 and when I purchased it I didn't think much about having a covered bed. Well it has turned out to be a little bit more of a burden than I originally thought. My question is can the P1K 5 top be removed and just have a P1K 3 seater top installed? I know the bars over the bed are just bolted on so I know those can be removed. Just curious if the tops will interchange.

Reactions: sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I think there is a member on here that has removed the rear ROP and installed the 3P top on his 5P. Also think I have seen a 3P top modified to just cover the front seat and leave rear ROP in place.

Reactions: sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New here to the forum. I tried a search but didn't really find the answer I'm looking for.
I have a 16 P1K 5 and when I purchased it I didn't think much about having a covered bed. Well it has turned out to be a little bit more of a burden than I originally thought. My question is can the P1K 5 top be removed and just have a P1K 3 seater top installed? I know the bars over the bed are just bolted on so I know those can be removed. Just curious if the tops will interchange.
Yes...there are several here who have taken off the rear cage...the P3 factory top will work but i think you'll have to notch it where the rear cage attaches.

Reactions: lee
J

justindiiorio

Nov 5, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's great info. Thanks a lot fellas