Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The safety fanatics are gonna freak out when they read this thread :eek:

Not wanting a four-inch gaping hole in my leg isnt exactly being a fanatic! But then that's normally the attitude until it actually happens to somebody and then you get that " I should've listened "

It's like motorcycle helmets. Nobody wants them until they get in a wreck and their skull splits open LMAO

Reactions: Everett
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The safety fanatics are gonna freak out when they read this thread :eek:.
Not sure I've ever heard of anybody that enjoys the side nets either. Just another pita pretty much o_O.

That I agree with. Can somebody really explain to me exactly what the purpose of a safety net is what they are trying to achieve?

Is it to stop you from falling out of it and if so isnt that what the seatbelt is for?

I've never even taken them out of the bag.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I really really want the doors off... but this is why I leave them on

IMG 2758 IMG 2760

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The safety fanatics are gonna freak out when they read this thread :eek:.
Not sure I've ever heard of anybody that enjoys the side nets either. Just another pita pretty much o_O.
Side nets were the first thing pulled in ours. My daughter started pulling them before I had a chance to tell her too. Hands and feet in the vehicle at all times.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks to @George201074 who mentioned taking the doors off by removing the 4 bolts per door. I just did this and then took a ride. Wow! what a nice change! Here in Tennessee it's been middle to high 90's most of the last few weeks. I have added the under seat insulation offered by @Bayouownbeer and it works great and I would recommend it to everyone. So removing the doors has made a good addition to the seat insulation. I've gotten a lot of great information here and I have not read a poor thread on this forum yet, well, if you don't count mine... lol. Anyway, again I've used information received here to my advantage.
View attachment 17964 View attachment 17965

Absolutely love the sign behind your Pioneer! :)

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I really really want the doors off... but this is why I leave them on

View attachment 18117 View attachment 18126

I would love the reduction in heat but the increase in mud and briars shredding me would probably offset the gains from the heat reduction.

This weekend there was mud all over the machine, but not me and no scratches even though we rode through enough briars to have pulled me off my Rincon.

Nice to know it is an option though.

Reactions: drfubar
advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would love the reduction in heat but the increase in mud and briars shredding me would probably offset the gains from the heat reduction.

This weekend there was mud all over the machine, but not me and no scratches even though we rode through enough briars to have pulled me off my Rincon.

Nice to know it is an option though.

Gotta live dangerously.. Only go around once... lol

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Gotta live dangerously.. Only go around once... lol

That's the words of youth. I said that too. Then you grow old and after getting banged and busted and your knees are shot and your hips ache and your... Well u get the point.

My body is now paying the price and cashing in on those youthful live dangerously checks.

I'm 55. The days of riding with reckless abandonment are long gone.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's the words of youth. I said that too. Then you grow old and after getting banged and busted and your knees are shot and your hips ache and your... Well u get the point.

My body is now paying the price and cashing in on those youthful live dangerously checks.

I'm 55. The days of riding with reckless abandonment are long gone.

I'll be 64 in two weeks... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

D

Dasmoeturhead

64 is awesome. I'm not sure too many people around here that are riding hard like that. I think they grow people tougher out that way.
I ride with a guy that's 80, and everybody up here knows how crazy this old boy is in his sxs. I hope I'm still hitting the trails when I'm 80. 21 more years to perfect my skills, and be the old man of legend up here.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess I'm the only one that occasionally uses the door net. Wife kept complaining of being hit with branches during pioneer takeover. So I cut the cable ties and put hers down for her. It really helps with that.

advertisement