drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks to @George201074 who mentioned taking the doors off by removing the 4 bolts per door. I just did this and then took a ride. Wow! what a nice change! Here in Tennessee it's been middle to high 90's most of the last few weeks. I have added the under seat insulation offered by @Bayouownbeer and it works great and I would recommend it to everyone. So removing the doors has made a good addition to the seat insulation. I've gotten a lot of great information here and I have not read a poor thread on this forum yet, well, if you don't count mine... lol. Anyway, again I've used information received here to my advantage.
20160707 134209
20160707 134147

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That does look a lot cooler! Any other benefits? dust?

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
I want to do it too. But. I have a problem with seat belts. And I'm fairly certain I'll be sitting in the passenger seat sometime. My son doesn't understand the concept of a slight left turn. He will sling my fat arse out of it without doors. Lol.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I want the doors off, but they do stop some mud.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I want to do it too. But. I have a problem with seat belts. And I'm fairly certain I'll be sitting in the passenger seat sometime. My son doesn't understand the concept of a slight left turn. He will sling my fat arse out of it without doors. Lol.
You will learn to love your seat belts or you will end up out the door... lol

Reactions: lee and sharp
advertisement
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Those with the doors off, does it seem quieter without them there to trap sound?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I joined the club,The breeze is nice......

View attachment 17967
So Joeymt33 I'm sitting here thinking about how much cooler it would be with all 4 doors off and the rear seats in the up position. Your half way there! Would make for an interesting review. I'm not quit sold yet.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So Joeymt33 I'm sitting here thinking about how much cooler it would be with all 4 doors off and the rear seats in the up position. Your half way there! Would make for an interesting review. I'm not quit sold yet.

5 minutes work... it will set you free. lol

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Maybe, I use my vehicle too much for work so I need the door as a bedside. I'm not sure if the bed liner would stay in place.

I do think it would be cool to see. I also think it would feel good for the rear passengers. I'm looking forward to seeing someone do it.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've done it both ways and went back to putting them back on for safety!

No doubt there's lots of wind, no heat issues and if using it for work getting in and out of it is an absolute breeze.

But... If you're driving through any kind of a brush area more than once branches came right in and stuck me in the leg!

Not to mention a couple of very close and dangerous calls that had I not seem at the last second and jerked the steering wheel could've actually punctured a very large hole in my leg.

This is at relatively slow speeds and even then it's almost impossible to predict as a lot of the times you actually hit some brush with the front of the vehicle and it pushes it back up against the side and slides along until it hits the open area with no door and springs in onto your leg!

Going fast like over 30 miles hour some real hurt could happen.

If you're in an open area obviously there's nothing to worry about. But if you're driving in the woods I would give it some real thought before I would consider it. The advantages of having no doors is too numerous to list and in fact I see no advantage of having doors so for me to put them back on didn't make me happy.

Not to mention there was this one time that my wife wasn't wearing her seatbelt and I cut the wheel to the left going faster than I should and had I not caught her she would have rolled right out!

For me there's no question, the doors stay on because I value my thighs :)

advertisement