Time to decide

C

cburton

Feb 19, 2014
I have been monitoring this and other forums for months now, and it is time to make a decision. I will be using the machine for:

1. To move in and out of bottoms that a D6 dozer opened up for me. The trail is 400-500 yards long in a switchback pattern with on 70 yard section being extremely(40 degrees or so) steep. It needs to climb this with 2 or 3 hunters and deer etc.
2. Maintain the trails haul gear (stands, feed and feeders) up and down.
3.Pull a 600-700 lb UTV disc in very small food plots.

I have narrowed my search down (I think) to three machines listed in the order (again I think) I want:
Pioneer 4
Gator 825i
Ranger 900 XP

If the Pioneer will do the three above I feel it suits me the best. I DO NOT care about speed at all only climbing and hauling SAFELY. Any advice or help and especially correction of my though process would be greatly appreciated. I am in South Eastern Ky so the elevation issue should not be a problem. If you can help a dummy as I have zero experience with any UTV.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will tell you if you get the P4 you will not have any problems doing what you want. I had 4 people in my P4 at Windrock and it did everything I wanted with no issues.