P1000 Thinking I've got a lemon...

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is going to piggy back on several other threads I am currently seeing. As I posted before I had an issue with my 2018P1000/3 LE (~50hours) which took 2 weeks at the dealer and a new ECM to correct. When i got it back it was running, but this past weekend while spraying my fenceline the machine quit while idling and I could not get it restarted. After a walk back to the barn I toed it back with my tractor. I was able to restart it the following morning, but the same issue as others are having, rough idling, clunks while placing in gear, lurching and stalling. This is not what I expected from a Honda. I'm wondering if I could/should withhold payment on this until it is sorted out. Very disappointing to see so may others having similar issues,

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drained battery to much with sprayer or bad frame ground back by engine check all connections and charge battery these do not like low voltage add 2nd battery

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are the charging systems that weak on these machines that it cannot support a 12 volt sprayer while running? I'll check battery voltage (do not have a load tester) and recharge, then see how it does.

Reactions: BWAF and Biteme
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are the charging systems that weak on these machines that it cannot support a 12 volt sprayer while running? I'll check battery voltage (do not have a load tester) and recharge, then see how it does.
It isn't the charging system as much as a sensitive transmission. When voltage drops, the transmission does weird things.

Reactions: BWAF and Biteme
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No but if you had bad connections it wasn't charging right

Reactions: Biteme