IMG_1976.JPG

P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I noticed that on bolt heads but if you look on their site there are no bolts in those holes. I figured it was just there to hold the plate while you get it all bolted up. Once both sides are done I don’t think the center bolts serve a purpose but I did leave mine in for now. I don’t do rocks so no issue yet

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya I agree it’s money well spent! Will eliminate a lot of problems.
Finally got my factory stuff moved around enough that mine is all but in. Gotta say don’t buy one if you’re stuff is bent.
My one complaint was the 4 bolts they give to bolt the plate to the frame underneath would hang up on things. Getting some smooth head Allen’s today.

Are those M10x1.5 bolts? I pulled one of mine to check and must have hit it too hard with impact while installing and stretched it. Was going to order some Allen’s like you suggested.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got this for free today. Wife and I want to start doing more overland trips and I think this’ll help out till we build a trailer.
Think I’ll just use straps to secure it for ease of removal. Should work just fine
23557DC2 3BA2 470C B056 0050A00D7288

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that stiffener kit all bolt on? No welding? Do y’all think it’s effective just bolted on?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is all bolt on and is very effective because of the way it is designed. All four lower points of the suspension are sandwiched so it spreads the stress over four pints vs one and ripping off mount

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is that stiffener kit all bolt on? No welding? Do y’all think it’s effective just bolted on?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it is all bolt on and is very effective because of the way it is designed. All four lower points of the suspension are sandwiched so it spreads the stress over four pints vs one and ripping off mount
Exactly what he said lol. There is no doubt that the wallered out holes that happens in the lower factory suspension mounts stops and it gives additional strength to not only those mounts but the whole front underside of the machine. It also puts a pressure on the bolts not allowing them free play so they don’t spin. Imo better then welding braces in because you loose no strength at the weld points.
Couldn’t find the hex nuts to replace the underside bolts but they are on order. Like @aauman88 said they may not be necessary but I will run em. She is done for now.
2912A103 81CC 44D7 A31F D04FDCBC89BF

Last edited:
advertisement
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its a pain to get on but I can’t see a better way to brace it up. I’ve seen people cut and weld bracing in for arm mounts but this has to be stronger the way it all ties together. The only downside I see to it is that it blocks my grease zerks on the lower Highlifter arms

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Its a pain to get on but I can’t see a better way to brace it up. I’ve seen people cut and weld bracing in for arm mounts but this has to be stronger the way it all ties together. The only downside I see to it is that it blocks my grease zerks on the lower Highlifter arms
It works well with SATV.
B55F57FB 0CC6 43C5 8C50 60151A57240F

Reactions: BWAF and Tigermark
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
BD6AF33C 5BDA 45B5 94B2 1FDC376D89A5

Definitely the strongest Clutch has ever been in the nose! SATV forward arched a-arms, full bushing kit from @RB3offroad, Fox shocks, @jak9922 stainless steel brake lines, upper weld in washer kit from @Neohio, Rhino axles, SATV reinforcement kit, and everything straightened out. Thanks so much to the bad ass venders and friends that have helped!!
Aligned and ready for battle once again.
Got front bumper all fixed up, overkill replacement synthetic line,new bumper light, new winch remote, all greased up.
Missing @RB3offroad steering rack and SATV tie rods but those aren’t too far behind. Building this b**** to take what’s thrown at it, sick of breaking crap!

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well my family isn’t exactly the stay home when it rains type but this is messed up for September. Headed out camping tomorrow regardless. To early in the season to puss out!

FD0D8B57 6C30 4CE4 9E62 040FF2D3B39A

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ride looks great and sounds ready for battle. I got to get those brake lines you have for sure. Be careful out there this weekend, they say that storm coming in is pretty rough
Thank you. Man I hope it’s solid now, had a good long streak but a couple things that failed this year scared me because had they been at a different point it would’ve been really bad.
@jak9922 did a nice job on those and did me a solid getting them out super fast after we cut one. Made up for him wrecking my machine:D
Ya it’s supposed to be bad. Only concern is the steer tires on the rear of the camper, sucks but headed anyways. Who knows maybe it’ll blow over

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 157829
Definitely the strongest Clutch has ever been in the nose! SATV forward arched a-arms, full bushing kit from @RB3offroad, Fox shocks, @jak9922 stainless steel brake lines, upper weld in washer kit from @Neohio, Rhino axles, SATV reinforcement kit, and everything straightened out. Thanks so much to the bad ass venders and friends that have helped!!
Aligned and ready for battle once again.
Got front bumper all fixed up, overkill replacement synthetic line,new bumper light, new winch remote, all greased up.
Missing @RB3offroad steering rack and SATV tie rods but those aren’t too far behind. Building this b**** to take what’s thrown at it, sick of breaking crap!
Looking Good!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well my family isn’t exactly the stay home when it rains type but this is messed up for September. Headed out camping tomorrow regardless. To early in the season to puss out!

View attachment 157831

Sounds like just another day in Paradise!!!!

Have fun @CumminsPusher .

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 157831
Damn...yall gonna get snow and we're supposed to have record highs for October. Gonna be mid 90s. Not a fan of snow but im sure ready for some flannel shirt weather!
Rigs lookin good man...i need to get one of those frame kits.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Damn...yall gonna get snow and we're supposed to have record highs for October. Gonna be mid 90s. Not a fan of snow but im sure ready for some flannel shirt weather!
Rigs lookin good man...i need to get one of those frame kits.
Not excited seeing snow this soon. Like you say the flannel shirt weather is nice. I think everyone enjoys that. This area is true 4 seasons usually, I hope it doesn’t skip that 3rd one this year.

advertisement