P1000 The Making Of Pete

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting er done Southern style!! Lol. Hey whatever works.
man, there were 5 or 6 of us out there shoveling mud out of the swimming area at the lake. the area we were trying to clear is about 8,000 sqft. after about 30 minutes we devised a scheme to put the pioneer to work for us. what would have taken us hours got cleared out in about 15 minutes with the pioneer, which translates to more time to focus on important things like beer and pizza!lol

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, I wasn't happy with my first switch plate that my friend made for me, so I ordered one from a professional. Much better fit, and it's powdercoated metal instead of plastic. The holes are also a much tighter fit, so the switch seals are nice and tight.
Here's a pic of the "rats nest"
View attachment 10334
And the front view
View attachment 10335
Something I forgot to mention, the double black wire you see is landscape lighting wire. I found it to be a good option for running positive and negative wires in a single package. it is designed for direct bury, so it is heavily insulated and is 16-18 gage, so it is good for smaller lights and accessories. I used it for all 4 of my light pods (2 front and 2 rear).

Reactions: Delton and Hawk53
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Something I forgot to mention, the double black wire you see is landscape lighting wire. I found it to be a good option for running positive and negative wires in a single package. it is designed for direct bury, so it is heavily insulated and is 16-18 gage, so it is good for smaller lights and accessories. I used it for all 4 of my light pods (2 front and 2 rear).
Hey I'll make you a good deal on a light bar lol (jk). I honestly don't need it but I didn't need a gas jug even more lol.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey I'll make you a good deal on a light bar lol (jk). I honestly don't need it but I didn't need a gas jug even more lol.
haha... well if you want to install that light bar, I have a light bar switch you can have, and probably a relay too.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
haha... well if you want to install that light bar, I have a light bar switch you can have, and probably a relay too.
Nah but thanks. I'll install it one of these days but it's way down on the priority list. I got more than enough lighting as it is.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nah but thanks. I'll install it one of these days but it's way down on the priority list. I got more than enough lighting as it is.
did you already install a light bar? if not, I definitely recommend it. I didn't think I needed one either until I had one, and then I couldn't believe that I waited that long.lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did you already install a light bar? if not, I definitely recommend it. I didn't think I needed one either until I had one, and then I couldn't believe that I waited that long.lol
Oh I believe you. I already hooked it up to a jump box. It's bright! I'll get around to it. Right now I got 20+ acres of pasture and fence line to work on. Killing weeds and bushhogging is taking up my free time lol.

Reactions: PioneerPete
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didnt realize how time consuming this thing would become. Wiring and electronics are 95% done. Still trying to decide whete to mount the red led strip. Its ~6ft long.
Also still waiting on my usb outlet for the switch panel.
Under the hood is complete, although still debating inline fuses on the pdm lead and isolator leads.
View attachment 9951
Found a nice out of the way mount for the pdm.
copied @JACKAL on the:
Universal Relay/ fuse auxiliary distribution box jeep, Cooper Bussmann Off Road
View attachment 9952
View attachment 9953
View attachment 9954
View attachment 9955
View attachment 9956
View attachment 9957
View attachment 9958
Used the net mounts for the rear lights.View attachment 9959
The PDM is wired hot all the time from the auxiliary battery so my accessories will all work without having the key on. The PDM and winch are grounded directly to the frame, and the stereo is grounded directly to the roll cage. Everything else is grounded to the "bus bolt".

Last edited:
Reactions: Delton
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The PDM is wired hot all the time from the auxiliary battery so my accessories will all work without having the key on. The PDM and winch are grounded directly to the frame. Everything else is grounded to the "bus bolt".
Wow you've got alot of time invested in that thing. I'd like to check it out more closely some time when we get the chance.

Reactions: PioneerPete
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The PDM is wired hot all the time from the auxiliary battery so my accessories will all work without having the key on. The PDM and winch are grounded directly to the frame. Everything else is grounded to the "bus bolt".

FYI. "For y'alls info" is what that stands for in AL

Just to be safe, I used a switched power source for my rocker switches. So, even though the PDM has power, the accessory won't operate with the key off if I leave the switch on. So far I seem to like it, I may go back and make the stereo switch be hot all the time so I can turn it on with out turning the key. Right now the only switch that will power up an accessory is my interior lights.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

Just to be safe, I used a switched power source for my rocker switches. So, even though the PDM has power, the accessory won't operate with the key off if I leave the switch on. So far I seem to like it, I may go back and make the stereo switch be hot all the time so I can turn it on with out turning the key. Right now the only switch that will power up an accessory is my interior lights.
That is exactly how I wired mine up as well.

Reactions: joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I guess everyone has their preference. The main reason I installed the second battery and isolator was so I could have my accessories hot all the time and not jeapordize the primary systems and primary battery. I like being able to flip a switch and have lights, stereo, winch, etc without digging the key out and having to listen to the annoying buzz sound in the primary systems.

Reactions: joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
remember when your parents used to tell you to stop crying or they would give you something to cry about? well I got tired of hearing my wife whining that the sxs was too dangerous, so I figured I'd give her something to whine about...
Honda Roll at AMA

Reactions: sharp and vince
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
remember when your parents used to tell you to stop crying or they would give you something to cry about? well I got tired of hearing my wife whining that the sxs was too dangerous, so I figured I'd give her something to whine about...
View attachment 15173

First, I hope no one was hurt.

Second, I hope the vehicle wasn't hurt.

Third, I remember your motto at Royal Blue..."always use 4x4 and when it doubt, throttle out".

Is that roll over due to that motto?

Reactions: pct and PioneerPete
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
BTW, it looks like y'all went to Prentice Cooper. I love that place. I used to live up there and rode those trail weekly.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: pct
advertisement