P1000 The honest what I like and don't like thread...

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't really have enough seat hours in yet to find much. But the window nets bug me, just seem to be in my way. I know they are like seatbelts, they are there for a reason, but I haven't used them. Has anyone taken them off and lived?

Second minor complaint, the cup holder on the dash will not hold the Yeti Koozee cup. Going to have to go to ram mounts for a solution.

I know those are minor, and the pluses by far out weigh the negatives. I've only driven it around my farm and my brother's land, and so far have only had it in turf mode, and have been thru some pretty steep stuff and little creek crossings. Real test comes this weekend when I go with the son in law and his buddies....keep me in your prayers....
First thing I did was remove nets in front. With seat belts on what the heck? Mines fully enclosed, street legal. Don't plan on wearing helmets either. Looks more like a miniature jeep than an ATV. They drive golf carts around town, our rigs driven with common sense, much more realistic on road.

T

TheBob

Feb 15, 2016
North West Arkansas
I took my front nets out before I even left the dealership haha. I did leave the rears on for the dogs though.

yes, going to leave the rear nets on. I have a grandson that will ride between us on front seat for awhile, and then go to the back at some point, so leaving those on. But the front ones are coming off.

Thanks to all the good info on here!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Just about done our breakin period, ready for first oil change today! Really impressed with how responsive it is, seems to have all the power we will need. Was out playing in some really big hills, it climbed amazing (mental note, make sure you engage diff lock if you are on a loose hill!). I am not super impressed with the soft cab system and the heater, it definitely could be better done. I can't get over how much air (and dust, if you are following someone) comes out the shifter area. All and all, I am very impressed with it! It is hard to remember to NOT to hold it on a hill with the gas peddle, (I am coming from an automotive background, not CVT) It will do that easily, but of course you are riding the clutch to do so, and it isn't obvious that it is terrible practise and putting your clutches in danger...I can see having to repeat this over and over to anyone who drives it in the future! Not a complaint of the machine, but it is a concern....
Overall, very happy with our purchase, if only I would stop spending money on it!! Lots of accessories to install yet...
so your not taking it to the dealer for all the checks they are suppose to do possible valve adjustment by that 14 year old that works in the back

Reactions: CashMoney
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I don't really have enough seat hours in yet to find much. But the window nets bug me, just seem to be in my way. I know they are like seatbelts, they are there for a reason, but I haven't used them. Has anyone taken them off and lived?

Second minor complaint, the cup holder on the dash will not hold the Yeti Koozee cup. Going to have to go to ram mounts for a solution.

I know those are minor, and the pluses by far out weigh the negatives. I've only driven it around my farm and my brother's land, and so far have only had it in turf mode, and have been thru some pretty steep stuff and little creek crossings. Real test comes this weekend when I go with the son in law and his buddies....keep me in your prayers....
took my nets off before i even rode it!!! but the ones in the back u might want to keep on because the protection from the roll cage is so far away my daughter got waked pretty good yesterday on her first ride out