Test Driving a Pioneer 6 Seat in Montana next week!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Honda has invited me to Montana for a Pioneer 1000-6 test drive next week, and I'm taking @Tramguage1 with me!

So...
What questions do you have in regards to the 1000-6?
Post some and I'll see what I can find out.
Lots of pictures of the machine and the ride.

We will try out best to give it a thoro run down and will report back.

Thanks.

View attachment 353515

Serious question for them. Will the Honda OEM hard door for front also fit second row as well? I can't see someone spending $5600 on 4 doors but maybe they could offer a 4 door kit with a discount say $3999 for a set of 4 on this machine.

Also try to verify turning radius, if Montana isn't wide enough use Wyoming too. Seriously, I'm pretty certain this will turn 2-3 ft sharper than the Can-Am Commander 4 seaters I've driven.

Curious on thought of handling with longer wheelbase - better ride at modest speeds? (Thinking Suburban)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Serious question for them. Will the Honda OEM hard door for front also fit second row as well? I can't see someone spending $5600 on 4 doors but maybe they could offer a 4 door kit with a discount say $3999 for a set of 4 on this machine.

Also try to verify turning radius, if Montana isn't wide enough use Wyoming too. Seriously, I'm pretty certain this will turn 2-3 ft sharper than the Can-Am Commander 4 seaters I've driven.

Curious on thought of handling with longer wheelbase - better ride at odest speeds? (Thinking Suburban)
I really thought the announcement of the 6 seat P1 was a joke then found out, it's real. Work crews will utilize this platform and larger families will also that want to ride tame trails together, It will have it's niche. I doubt Honda will let @Hondasxs take it to the Sand Cave

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@Hondasxs you went on a secret overlanding ride last week (secret = I wasn't invited).
Your going to Montana next week to go riding.
And your going to go overlanding for MoM.

So are you like a full time SxS play/work/live/breathe rock star like @SuperATV ?

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Hondasxs you went on a secret overlanding ride last week (secret = I wasn't invited).
Your going to Montana next week to go riding.
And your going to go overlanding for Mom.

So are you like a full time SxS play/work/live/breathe rock star like @SuperATV ?
He doesn't want any slow ass pioneers riding with him. He's a talon Boi now.

advertisement