Talon wont start. multiple codes.

B

bman97

Sep 4, 2024
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey guys I'm new to the sxs world. I have a 2020 Honda Talon 1000r (2seater) I have no power to the the plugs but getting power to the coils... I thought it was coils "replaced them" still no fire getting threw to plugs "they are also brand new" we looked in the book an trying to figure an diagnose it or get help on it... I thought it was my dct computer but it wasn't because my brother has a 2019 X an it fired off with no hesitation. I also checked the stator getting power there also. I've had a guy tell me check the grounds we'll I found the main 1 under driver seat of course an 1 to the starter cleaned that as well. It's got me so lost an confused. I heard there is 1 under the hood at the front but can't find it. Anyone know what it could be doing this for? Because it ran fine no issues that morning but went to my friends house an turned it off for 30min or so an fired up idle fine went to pull out on the road Backfired spit sputter I then pulled over idle fine go to give little gas same thing happened again then i backed off alittle an it picked up speed then again backfired spit sputter an would do fine at idle. Got home witch is like 3mins from my buddies house an parked in the yard left it running to get my brother to come out to see if he could drive it down the road before I made it to the front door is died an ain't fired up but cranks no start tho. I've checked fuel pressure an filter. I have a few codes but no way to find out what they are.
4-4
8-3

And park indicator flashing also an I counted them
1Long 5 Short
1L. 6S
4L. 8S
8L. 3S

Reactions: Blownzuki
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello, welcome to the HondaSxS Club.
Multipal codes usually mean something beyond the matched issue.
Ex, wire harness issues or ECU or other items not seated all the way.
I'd place my money there before diagnosing each code.

Check the wire harness by the seat belt bolt. I think it's a passenger inside bolt.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey guys I'm new to the sxs world. I have a 2020 Honda Talon 1000r (2seater) I have no power to the the plugs but getting power to the coils... I thought it was coils "replaced them" still no fire getting threw to plugs "they are also brand new" we looked in the book an trying to figure an diagnose it or get help on it... I thought it was my dct computer but it wasn't because my brother has a 2019 X an it fired off with no hesitation. I also checked the stator getting power there also. I've had a guy tell me check the grounds we'll I found the main 1 under driver seat of course an 1 to the starter cleaned that as well. It's got me so lost an confused. I heard there is 1 under the hood at the front but can't find it. Anyone know what it could be doing this for? Because it ran fine no issues that morning but went to my friends house an turned it off for 30min or so an fired up idle fine went to pull out on the road Backfired spit sputter I then pulled over idle fine go to give little gas same thing happened again then i backed off alittle an it picked up speed then again backfired spit sputter an would do fine at idle. Got home witch is like 3mins from my buddies house an parked in the yard left it running to get my brother to come out to see if he could drive it down the road before I made it to the front door is died an ain't fired up but cranks no start tho. I've checked fuel pressure an filter. I have a few codes but no way to find out what they are.
4-4
8-3

And park indicator flashing also an I counted them
1Long 5 Short
1L. 6S
4L. 8S
8L. 3S
for clarity - you swapped dct or ECM and it tan just fine and you put your DCT or ECM back in and problem came back?

fyi - its never the coils