Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I hope it works for you guys. I was told by SATV that they are suppose to close tight on all sides! Basically like all other camps do on the roll cage. Not closing this way the tension is too great for the plastic to withstand, and under most driving conditions will pop open hence loosing the windshield. There first answer for this was that Honda was too inconsistent with the roll cage diameter on the assembly line so they designed it for the first model. I say bs cuz I haven't seen any cage diameter different in a 1000. Then they said there supplier was re tooling cuz there were problems and they should close tight. That was weeks ago And it didn't change, and sounds like it still hasn't. I just don't want anyone to have a dangerous disaster happen while diving that almost happened to me. If there closing tight on all sides great it's fixed. If not? Be very careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed mine yesterday and haven't seen any issues so far. My clamps get really snug without getting anywhere close to closing the gap on them.
Instructions could be better on the whole thing but so far I really like this windshield

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
I really don't think the clamps are going to be a problem for us. If they do turn out to be problematic my wife's nephew owns a high tech metal fabricating business and we will get him to make new clamps with His water jet cutters and milling machines.