P1000 Stock axle question

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know what the maximum angle the stock axle shafts can run at?

I assume with lifts, there is a little more angle left as it is from the factory?

Looking at the Rhino 2.0 that can run at 40 degrees. I allready have SATV arms and new wheels so i do not want to go the route Snuffnwhisky went.

If the new axles can get more angle, then some new shocks and mounting brackets for correct geometry hopefully can get some more travel. 14" s or so is goal.

J

JTW

Anyone know what the maximum angle the stock axle shafts can run at?

I assume with lifts, there is a little more angle left as it is from the factory?

Looking at the Rhino 2.0 that can run at 40 degrees. I allready have SATV arms and new wheels so i do not want to go the route Snuffnwhisky went.

If the new axles can get more angle, then some new shocks and mounting brackets for correct geometry hopefully can get some more travel. 14" s or so is goal.
In my experience... the stock axles held up as well or better than the rhinos... I haven’t had the chance to try the 2.0’s yet.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
In my experience... the stock axles held up as well or better than the rhinos... I haven’t had the chance to try the 2.0’s yet.

Agree

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What lidt are guys running with no issues?
Instead of a lift, i would like to convert that to travel.

Reactions: JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I think around 30-32 degs is max. The inner tie rod also maxes out about there too. My long 2.0's fronts will go 40+ and the rear is about 34 max but I stopped at about 31-32 on both. Easiest way to check is let the suspension droop with the shock disconnected a and spin the wheel. You'll feel it hopping when bound. On mine when stock, the front lower shock holes were about 3/4" away and the rear shock hole was about 1.25" away from the CL of the lower shock mounts when the axles started to bind with Rhinos. So a +3/4" front and +1.25" rear longer shock would max the axles. I never broke a rhino but went through several stocks and an allball.