P1000 Stiffen up the 1000-5

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another vote for the HL lift kit. It really makes a big difference in how stable the machine is. Along with spreading out the shocks as mentioned, the braces work like strut tower braces for fwd cars and helps stiffen the frame. Best 190 bucks I ever spent.
I'm in favor of what the lift does but I'm thinking it's not going to fit in my enclosed trailer if I do that and I'm not sure I would make since for me because I use it on the farm 80% of the time. I appreciate everyone's help. Keep the discussion going maybe something along the way might help others with the same question.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the highlighter on the rear only now and hits my trailer so looking for a bigger trailer and other mods. Thanks for the info

Reactions: ohiohunter
Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Believe it or not, adjusting the front alignment to the 1/2" toe in will help how it corners. The way these units are shipped with around 1.5" toe out they PLOW going into corners. It made all the difference in the world in how our unit handles and corners...we can actually hang the rear end out on corners and it tracks like it's on rails.

My wife is totally happy now where before she always thought it was going to roll. Do a search and make the correction...cheaper than suspension.
Believe it or not, adjusting the front alignment to the 1/2" toe in will help how it corners. The way these units are shipped with around 1.5" toe out they PLOW going into corners. It made all the difference in the world in how our unit handles and corners...we can actually hang the rear end out on corners and it tracks like it's on rails.

My wife is totally happy now where before she always thought it was going to roll. Do a search and make the correction...cheaper than suspension.
I need to check my alignment and see if it needs adjusting. When measuring how do you go about it. Thinking I would take measurement from front and back of front wheels. If so then Front measurement should be 1/2 inch narrower than rear is that right?

Reactions: knuckledeep
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Stiffen up the 1000-5?..... show him this picture of this pretty SXS lying down.....

Ef176aaef99a67241c34cbfc4e1f86d3

Reactions: ohiohunter