Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do we need the clock spring set up to make a horn work?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yep. A rolling one. I pulled from old Dodge. There is a little space underneath for install. The black boot collar actually keeps it pretty clean. Everything the wheel needs is already coming with that part list. Only thing is steering stem needs ground down 3/16 to allow wire room but plenty of room before retaining nut, won’t mess anything up. Only reason I didn’t publicly mention horn is because of slight modification to machine

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Yep. A rolling one. I pulled from old Dodge. There is a little space underneath for install. The black boot collar actually keeps it pretty clean. Everything the wheel needs is already coming with that part list. Only thing is steering stem needs ground down 3/16 to allow wire room but plenty of room before retaining nut, won’t mess anything up. Only reason I didn’t publicly mention horn is because of slight modification to machine

Glad you got this figured out, I’ll get everything ordered from your parts list so we can get this installed when we do cage chop!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I didn’t realize you were holding working classes. Post the dates, I want in on that. Upper doors like you built while I’m there too. ;)

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Cool thanks for the help. I got all my parts ordered. When they come in I'll stop in the salvage yard and see if I can get that clock spring you mentioned. I shouldn't have any trouble finding a dodge around there to pull from.

I've only had to mess with a clock spring a couple times so hopefully I can get it together without messing it up.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cool thanks for the help. I got all my parts ordered. When they come in I'll stop in the salvage yard and see if I can get that clock spring you mentioned. I shouldn't have any trouble finding a dodge around there to pull from.

I've only had to mess with a clock spring a couple times so hopefully I can get it together without messing it up.

Ya ya I hear you in brand...
Don’t worry I’ve never messed with that either but it went good. You’re mechanical I’m not too worried lol

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya ya I hear you in brand...
Don’t worry I’ve never messed with that either but it went good. You’re mechanical I’m not too worried lol
I figured you would say all the dodges are in the parking lot cause they're picking up parts for their buddies ford.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I figured you would say all the dodges are in the parking lot cause they're picking up parts for their buddies ford.

Lol. Haven’t seen any Cummins out there...

Reactions: sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Stop thinking clockspring like a late model with air bags.
Maybe @CumminsPusher can post a pic of the horn contact he used on pj.
I don't think clock spring is the proper term.

Call a few body shops in your area and ask who they use for column repairs for theft recoveries.
Call the column guy and get their recommendation on what to use. Then make sure you come back and give us all a part number!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Call a few body shops in your area and ask who they use for column repairs for theft recoveries.
Call the column guy and get their recommendation on what to use. Then make sure you come back and give us all a part number!
Ya that’s newer cars. Not sure official name of these but maybe horn contact? Anyways they were in older cars. I just retrofitted it to go under and used a 2-part epoxy.
This wire goes to ground side of horn. Positive side is just accessory wire and done.
34E13B5F 1846 4877 AC96 8A1B689147CF

All gets covered with the plastic boot.
F7A40F51 1BAF 427C AB3A ACD55573FFDF

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya that’s newer cars. Not sure official name of these but maybe horn contact? Anyways they were in older cars. I just retrofitted it to go under and used a 2-part epoxy.
This wire goes to ground side of horn. Positive side is just accessory wire and done.
View attachment 96777
View attachment 96781
Thanks for the pic that is much more simple. Yea @Neohio I was picturing the new style.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 96777
View attachment 96781
That’s really cool. Think I’ll bring mine by your place for that mod when I finish riding up there...:D

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 96777
View attachment 96781

That is just too freakin cool.

J

JTW

X2!!!

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand