P1000 Stalling and overheating

E

Evan4597

Feb 24, 2019
grande prairie, ab
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have about 900km on my 2018 Pioneer Deluxe. A couple of things I had go wrong stalling when stuck and overheating. The first time I got stock in 4x4 high stalled. Honda dealership says this is design prevent clutch being wrecked? The second item is the machine overheated for now reason. The first overheat could of been some pollen, but the second time I was in two wheel drive driving 15km/hr in the fall of the year. I do hear the fan running sometimes, but the second time when the overheat light came on didn't here the fan running. I question the dealer on this and they say bring it in. Thoughts on this... Should the dealer fix the overheating issue, or is there a fix?

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have about 900km on my 2018 Pioneer Deluxe. A couple of things I had go wrong stalling when stuck and overheating. The first time I got stock in 4x4 high stalled. Honda dealership says this is design prevent clutch being wrecked? The second item is the machine overheated for now reason. The first overheat could of been some pollen, but the second time I was in two wheel drive driving 15km/hr in the fall of the year. I do hear the fan running sometimes, but the second time when the overheat light came on didn't here the fan running. I question the dealer on this and they say bring it in. Thoughts on this... Should the dealer fix the overheating issue, or is there a fix?
Honda recently released an ECM update to help address the overheating issue.
I don't know if it was released in Canada though. Your dealer may need to call the tech line to have them release it to you.

E

Evan4597

Feb 24, 2019
grande prairie, ab
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda recently released an ECM update to help address the overheating issue.
I don't know if it was released in Canada though. Your dealer may need to call the tech line to have them release it to you.
Spoke to dealer and no updates yet.