P1000 Sporting Clays anyone???

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I goggled for about an hour trying to find a nice setup to carry 4 shotguns during a sporting clays outing. I would prefer a rear hitch mount that holds them vertically.

Like this one but in the back. I emailed the owner of this photo a week ago asking about it and never got a reply. I could modify this rack to fit a rear hitch as a buddy of mine owns a metal fab shop.

Front shotgun rack

Reactions: TxDoc
R

rickoshea

just a thought,but maybe a simple mod to a hitch mounted cargo carrier? some mounts could easily be bolted to one.

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just a thought,but maybe a simple mod to a hitch mounted cargo carrier? some mounts could easily be bolted to one.

Yes for sure. I was hoping for something a bit "cooler" than just tossing my guns into a tote. Also it's best to store them vertically because sporting clay guns tend to be on the fancy side and you don't wanna just lay them in on a towel inside a tote. Plus they can be very long in length. Barrels touching and scraping each other would not be good.

Reactions: Smitty335
mj1angier

mj1angier

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2020
NC
How about this:

Or this:

and this:

Reactions: Smitty335
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I goggled for about an hour trying to find a nice setup to carry 4 shotguns during a sporting clays outing. I would prefer a rear hitch mount that holds them vertically.

Like this one but in the back. I emailed the owner of this photo a week ago asking about it and never got a reply. I could modify this rack to fit a rear hitch as a buddy of mine owns a metal fab shop.

View attachment 235592

Looks to me like that goes into a regular hitch. Why wouldn't it work on the rear? Maybe needs a longer hitch?

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about this:

Or this:

and this:

The second one looks promising. I'd have to see exactly what it's made out of to see if I can weld a hitch receiver onto it.

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks to me like that goes into a regular hitch. Why wouldn't it work on the rear? Maybe needs a longer hitch?

Yes you are correct. The problem with the one I have pictured is the company did not answer my emails. I'm going to have to dig around and see if I can find a phone number for them.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes you are correct. The problem with the one I have pictured is the company did not answer my emails. I'm going to have to dig around and see if I can find a phone number for them.
Always a bummer when you want to spend money with someone and they don't get back to you.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors