P1000 Speakers in doors?

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
Speakers in doors? Any cons besides the wires and weight? Maybe the weight on those flimsy doors will be too much. Just trying to come up with a good place for mounting that doesn't interfere with my view.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's possible in the front doors but the back doors are bad because of how far they open and hinge design. I had wires into my fronts on my last 1000 but back proved very difficult. I'm not sure if you already have speaks but the jeep soundbars are lightweight work excellent and are totally out of the way. You can sometimes find them for 100 or less and some come amplified if so desired. Mount very easily. I have one front and rear I did replace the 6 1/2's but not necessary Image. If you do deside to do the doors you can foam the hinge area in the doors to substantially strengthen them

Last edited:
Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's possible in the front doors but the back doors are bad because of how far they open and hinge design. I had wires into my fronts on my last 1000 but back proved very difficult. I'm not sure if you already have speaks but the jeep soundbars are lightweight work excellent and are totally out of the way. You can sometimes find them for 100 or less and some come amplified if so desired. Mount very easily. I have one front and rear I did replace the 6 1/2's but not necessary View attachment 18017. If you do deside to do the doors you can foam the hinge area in the doors to substantially strengthen them
I think the foam idea would be a plus especially in the lower doors as I have some gravel rattling in my passenger rear door.

Reactions: pct
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Stauvo I did this upgrade in the other one about 6 months ago and it was incredible well worth doing!

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
Would like to find something to mount to the door to mount a speaker to tho. That would be sweet

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Would like to find something to mount to the door to mount a speaker to tho. That would be sweet
Upper section looks good but has to be a narrow magnet. Look through infinity they are by far the best at waterproofing. We can pressure wash them