P1000 Sorry guys haven't been on here lately

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Can you give us some info on the P1? How many miles, lift kit, A arms, any thing that we can relate to that might send us to the garage to check our ball joints and tie rods? I don't think it's common for the ball joints to fail, unless you went off the road first and hit something. Any info you can give would be good! Thanks, and get well soon!!!

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you give us some info on the P1? How many miles, lift kit, A arms, any thing that we can relate to that might send us to the garage to check our ball joints and tie rods? I don't think it's common for the ball joints to fail, unless you went off the road first and hit something. Any info you can give would be good! Thanks, and get well soon!!!
I'd like some more information as well. I'm not trying to be a jerk here. What led the OP to the idea that the ball joint was the cause of catastrophe? Can we get some pictures of where it happened and the extent of the damage....

I'm not saying it was or wasnt the issue I'd just like to know more before we blame the machine. Yes some have had loose ball joint issues so theres certainly cause for concern.

I will also say, just as PCT did, many stories start with "I was just doing this...." and it turns south in a hurry. I've been there as well. I'm not blaming PCT either, we all just want to know more.

It sucks it was such a bad wreck and theres probably a lot of things we'll never know the answer to. Glad you're recovering @pct I hope you start wearing your seatbelt every time.

Even though a seatbelt has saved my life more than once i wasnt always great about wearing it. I made a lot of little trips without it. Since I got my 2018 I've started wearing my belt a lot more since it forces me to if I want to exceed 12mph.

Sorry for writing a book.

Be well!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd like some more information as well. I'm not trying to be a jerk here. What led the OP to the idea that the ball joint was the cause of catastrophe? Can we get some pictures of where it happened and the extent of the damage....

I'm not saying it was or wasnt the issue I'd just like to know more before we blame the machine. Yes some have had loose ball joint issues so theres certainly cause for concern.

I will also say, just as PCT did, many stories start with "I was just doing this...." and it turns south in a hurry. I've been there as well. I'm not blaming PCT either, we all just want to know more.

It sucks it was such a bad wreck and theres probably a lot of things we'll never know the answer to. Glad you're recovering @pct I hope you start wearing your seatbelt every time.

Even though a seatbelt has saved my life more than once i wasnt always great about wearing it. I made a lot of little trips without it. Since I got my 2018 I've started wearing my belt a lot more since it forces me to if I want to exceed 12mph.

Sorry for writing a book.

Be well!

I guess I need to take the middle passenger buckle out of the driver side latch and start wearing mine all the time.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess I need to take the middle passenger buckle out of the driver side latch and start wearing mine all the time.
Yea I've done that plenty. Just today even ..... so when I die it will likely be from my own stupidity.

J

JTW

Yea I've done that plenty. Just today even ..... so when I die it will likely be from my own stupidity.

Mehhhh, I’m sure several of us have considered helping to expedite that for you! I know your wife has!

Reactions: MMW and sharp