P1000 Slider reinforcement and Looks like crossmember reenforcement

B

BlownCJ

Oct 23, 2021
Northwest Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the Ruffstuff 2 pc slider reenforcement .

are the factory crossmembers that week that they need to be buffed up?

I see some others are adding crossmembers also

are we stiffining the chasis or preventing cracks or saving the skidplate ?

Asking cause I know a little pain now can save a pita later

B

ps satv skid and sliders show this week and thats priority one . 30s and arms and spacers are in route to the house here also. Went full bore stupid on black friday before upper management bought another ring or bracelet or something shiny that needed insurance on it. I am a mix between a hammer and finese driver and the P1000 is replacing my jeep LJ on the trail so I can send it ..... frequently

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I beefed up my crossmembers after I cracked my oil pan. The stock crossmembers are flimsy and they bow quite easily. I've also had issues where I was hung up and could hardly shift p-r-n-h-l. I added a crossmember at at the sub-transmission to prevent bowing the skid plate into the sub-transmission and binding the shifter

Reactions: Lady01
B

BlownCJ

Oct 23, 2021
Northwest Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I beefed up my crossmembers after I cracked my oil pan. The stock crossmembers are flimsy and they bow quite easily. I've also had issues where I was hung up and could hardly shift p-r-n-h-l. I added a crossmember at at the sub-transmission to prevent bowing the skid plate into the sub-transmission and binding the shifter
thanks Todd will add a little more pain now for less pain later thinking bolt in

Reactions: Lady01