P1000 Skids Any downside?

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am close to buying skids for my Pioneer. I absolutely would have them if I drove where many of you all do. Watching the vids of Y'all running over the rocks makes me shiver. I use my machine almost exclusively around the farm and although I have plenty of creek and rock to deal with and now hidden stumps, I can more often than not, stay off the tough stuff.

So my question Is there any real downside in having a full skid plate (UHMW) mounted? Like heat retention, dirt or mud accumulation, rusted mounting holes, or anything really not good about having them? I would really appreciate any feedback before I dole out the grand or so.
Thanks.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
It will collect mud. It can be cleaned off but it ain't easy.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
I am close to buying skids for my Pioneer. I absolutely would have them if I drove where many of you all do. Watching the vids of Y'all running over the rocks makes me shiver. I use my machine almost exclusively around the farm and although I have plenty of creek and rock to deal with and now hidden stumps, I can more often than not, stay off the tough stuff.

So my question Is there any real downside in having a full skid plate (UHMW) mounted? Like heat retention, dirt or mud accumulation, rusted mounting holes, or anything really not good about having them? I would really appreciate any feedback before I dole out the grand or so.
Thanks.
They are great insurance, but can trap debris and create a fire hazard, just have to keep the belly cleared . Same with A-arm guards, got to keep the mud clear or it can run a hole in CV boot. On a ride at New River TN me and one other used all our water from the cooler just to control a fire in-between the skid plate till we found a creek. It would ignite due to heat and dry pine straw. So now we an ABC extinguisher

Reactions: CumminsPusher