CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Were you able to find somewhere to park at Rabbit Valley? When I spent the night there, RV only, I had to go down a narrow dirt, two track that would have given me serious trouble getting out with a trailer. Or did you park in the main area, before driving in deeper?

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Were you able to find somewhere to park at Rabbit Valley? When I spent the night there, RV only, I had to go down a narrow dirt, two track that would have given me serious trouble getting out with a trailer. Or did you park in the main area, before driving in deeper?
In the last year, BLM has converted the camping in established campgrounds to paid online reservation, and eliminated free dispersed camping in Rabbit Valley completely. I was able to drive my class C motorhome and trailer into the Jouflas campground fairly easily. The Fluffle campground sites are very easy to access. The Knowles campground required high clearance vehicles this year due to washouts in the 4 mile long road to that campground, although I dont think my MH would make it in there even with the washouts repaired. The Knowles campsites are the best ones, with the sites 1000 feet above the Colorado River. There are some designated equestrian campsites, and on the north side of Interstate 70 they were finishing up work on the High North campground. I didnt see that one. I think there a total of 75 campsites now. $20/nite ($10/nite with National Parks senior pass) + $8 reservation fee.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
In the last year, BLM has converted the camping in established campgrounds to paid online reservation, and eliminated free dispersed camping in Rabbit Valley completely. I was able to drive my class C motorhome and trailer into the Jouflas campground fairly easily. The Fluffle campground sites are very easy to access. The Knowles campground required high clearance vehicles this year due to washouts in the 4 mile long road to that campground, although I dont think my MH would make it in there even with the washouts repaired. The Knowles campsites are the best ones, with the sites 1000 feet above the Colorado River. There are some designated equestrian campsites, and on the north side of Interstate 70 they were finishing up work on the High North campground. I didnt see that one. I think there a total of 75 campsites now. $20/nite ($10/nite with National Parks senior pass) + $8 reservation fee.
Thanks. I don’t mind the minimal cost but I don’t do reservations, especially online; no matter how hard I try, I always screw something up. 😢 #oleguy

advertisement