P1000 SHOCKS

S

smithelectric

Jan 10, 2016
Trying to find some better shocks for the front of my P1000 is there any out there yet? Will the RZR 900 shocks work?

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning,
Cummins pusher did some experimenting a little time back with some fox shocks taken from his 700-4. Can you guys share some details about why you want to change shocks?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm in the same boat and have been talking with the guys at a local FOX shop and word is they should have a decision sometime later this month.
snowman, what are they making a decision on?
Have you guys seen the P1K that Honda tricked out for Baja racing? If you look closely you can see the Fox shock on front. Not sure what's on the back. I tried to get hondaprokevin to tell me more about the shocks (he posted the pic). He said the Honda execs were keeping it very hush hush and wouldn't even tell him about it.
Honda P1K Baja

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to my contact Fox will have something by Spring.....this came from a guy on the truck side though

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to my contact Fox will have something by Spring.....this came from a guy on the truck side though...

bigsnowman

bigsnowman

snowman, what are they making a decision on?
Have you guys seen the P1K that Honda tricked out for Baja racing? If you look closely you can see the Fox shock on front. Not sure what's on the back. I tried to get hondaprokevin to tell me more about the shocks (he posted the pic). He said the Honda execs were keeping it very hush hush and wouldn't even tell him about it.
Sorry for the delay in my response. We've been out of town on a snowmobile trip. We don't have much on the ground but tried to get some handlebar time in.
I suspect my FOX contact was trying to be PC in saying that they should know something later in January and that he couldn't imagine FOX not coming with a set for it. He also said that he had heard nothing about the Baja P1K and that it must have been a custom build (really?!).
I've got a new set of FOX shocks for a P700, in a box that has yet to be opened, that I had planned to put on our 700(there's a long story behind that). Well the 700 is sold and the P1K build has begun and I sure would like to see a nice set of remote reservoir shocks peeking out from under it.

Reactions: PioneerPete
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
If your interested in selling those shocks I'd be interested...