Shift Gate

Willy-T-Ribs

Willy-T-Ribs

Sep 30, 2024
Heber City Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R4 LV
I recently purchased another Talon that was bone stock less differing tires. I had a time driving it initially because my other 2 have CA Tech Shift Gates. The CA Tech Shift Gate gives you Low Forward and Reverse on the left side and High Forward and Reverse on the right side of the shift gate. Maneuvering the new one about with the stock shift gate had me looking at the shifter instead of shifting the car. I wouldn't own one without an upgraded shift gate. Hope this makes sense :)
Totally Scrappapotamus. I get the "no look" shifting move when you're teetering on the brink.

My concern lies in the buggy staying in the selected gear on the right side track being that it's spring loaded left. The stock gate has nice little indents for each selection which is nice and secure when it gets bumpy.

Have you ever had an issue where it kicked out of gear while driving?

Reactions: CID
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Wow. That's quite the opus Vikes79. Respect.

I'm guessing by your handle you're digging the Sam Darnold rebirth happening in Minnie. I hail from there - bled purple during my formative years. Brother still lives in Crapple Valley and live and dies weekly following them. I weened myself from their Super Bowl woes (4 losses) and moved to Colorado to watch the Donkeys lose 4 in a row. Thank god John boy and Terrell came around to break the curse.
I’m a sucker for always cheering for the underdog.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
Totally Scrappapotamus. I get the "no look" shifting move when you're teetering on the brink.

My concern lies in the buggy staying in the selected gear on the right side track being that it's spring loaded left. The stock gate has nice little indents for each selection which is nice and secure when it gets bumpy.

Have you ever had an issue where it kicked out of gear while driving?
Never

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Chiming in here only because I do make a different shifter plate for the Talon, in several OEM colors.

Specs can be found here:

Back in '21 this was the first product I ever designed from scratch. I liked having the notches but the OEM shifter plate was complete garbage, requiring you to look at what you were doing. I've been running this on my '19 since then. In July I bought a '23 X4 and drove it about 2 days with the OEM shifter plate and that was miserable. I had to put my shifter plate in there.

Cable adjustment is key to these transmissions shifter well no matter what shifter plate you go with. Both of my Talons were out of spec from the factory!

IMG 3088

I've also been working on this brush seal design for months! I finally have a design that works well and am currently test running these on 3 Talons. The brushes do an EXCELLENT job of stopping air passage even at road speed. Right now this only works with my shifter plate. A version for the OEM shifter plate is in the works.

IMG 3148

Reactions: trigger and JayPo